C02 Question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Ivana Smokealot, Aug 23, 2012.

1. I just picked up a C02 regulator, Tank and an additional timer. I have a 3' X 3' X 7' tent with a 400w HPS cool tube. I have a fan on the cool tube running whenever the light is on, and a exhaust blower on 24/7. I just hoohed up the C02 yesterday for the first time. The exhaust blower was timed to go off for an hour while the C02 cam on for an hour. Then exhausted for 2 hours and repeated the cycle for the 12 hours the light was on. In the tent i have a digital thermometer / hygrometer, and during the time when the exhaust blower is off the temps went up to 88f (normally it is maintained at about 75f) i know higher temps are best when using C02 so that is fine, but my humidity goes up to 95% (normally its about 65%) while the exhaust blower is off. how concerned should i be with the humidity? I usually run 4 plants at various flowering stages so i have perpetual harvesting. I do not want to end up with rot or mold issues. Do I worry or am I being overly cautious?

2. I would try my hardest to lower the relative humidity during fan off times. Is ur tent sealed? If so drop in a small dehumidifier on a timer to turn on only when fan off. Just my 2 cents

3. Erbalist, any input is always welcome.. unfortunatly the tent is packed with 4 plants going. So i was going to try to run air from a AC unit through the cool tube to drop temp a bit and hopefuly drop the humidity. But if temps drop too much i am worried that i will not get the full benifet of the C02 an just be waisting time and money. I might have to go to a larger tent to allow for room to put in a dehumidifyer.

4. I started with a tent and I quickly sold it. I make my tents now with pvc pipes and panda film. I have yet to find a ready made tent that fits me right

5. you wont be getting the full benefit of CO2 if you are not dialed in with temps, humidity, and a proper CO2 controller

save your scratch, otherwise go big