C02 otu of baking soda and vinegar?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rudar, May 7, 2009.

1. My friend told me about a guy who made this time release C02 system, out of a sealed bottle filled with vinegar and a tiny wick, stuffed into a canister packed around with baking soda. When the wicking fluid slowly hit the baking soda, C02 was relased gradually over time.

Any experience with this? Pro's Con's? Other cheap alternatives?

2. Total waste of time.

3. Personally I just like to vent my brewing blowoff into my gro. bout the same effect :p.jk

Actually some folks I know use a milk jug, some sugar, a pack of yeast, water, and air tubing to run to the osc. fan. and then change the H2O,yeast and sugar once a week.

I'm not sold on this idea, the chemistry is sound ..but amounts cannot be controlled as far as I am concerned. ( knowledge is from brewing as opposed to growing on this judgment call so take with a grain of salt)

but like most things for growing there are few "cheap alternatives" ( remember your trying to simulate nature, which is pretty much impossible.. we can only attempt it)

4. You will need:

1 Soda Pop 2L Bottle
    2 Cups of Sugar
    1 tbs of Baking Soda
    1 packet of Yeast
    2 cups of warm water
    2 cups of cold water

HomeGrownBud.com

--

1. Clean out your 2L bottle with some water, and in a medium bowl, stir in 2 cups of sugar into 2 cups of warm water.

HomeGrownBud.com

2. Poor the mixture into the bottle.

3. Mix 1tbs of Baking Soda with 2 cups of cold water.

HomeGrownBud.com

4. Pour this mixture into the bottle.

5. Shake the bottle well.

6. Add the packet of yeast to the mixture, but allow the yeast to sit at the top and do not shake the bottle.

HomeGrownBud.com

7. Place the bottle in your grow room!

The life of the mixture lasts about 12-14 days. Every 4 days or so you may want to begin stiring the bottle gently to activate more yeast. You should notice a difference in plant growth in about 3 days. Take pictures to capture the explosion.

If you use this Co2 generator, please let me know how it works out for you!

5. #6 Smokemfatty, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
    My gallon last the whole veg state.
    Ya just gotta shake it up every once in a while.