C02 enrichment in sealed tent

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by integrajosh, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Hey everyone, quick question for those that are currently running c02 in their grow tents.. This is how my grow area looks now, please bear with me.
    I grow inside of my closet in a 2x4x5 tent, which is in my bedroom, which has a window unit a/c. I currently do the typical setup- carbon filter-->air cooled hood-->inline fan and into the attic.
    From the research I've done, I know I have to have it like this- lights cooled from outside air, then goes into attic. Carbon filter and fan at the bottom of my tent constantly recirculating. C02 raining down from above the lights.
    My question is this- can I run this setup and still have my a/c and dehumidifier outside the tent, using passive intake to draw in the cold air? Or is a mini split a/c absolutely necessary when running a sealed tent? Here's a good example of what I'm talking about, fast forward to 10 minutes in

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

2. I basically just need to vent the tent one time after lights go out to exchange air and bring the c02 levels back down, correct? Since c02 isn't effective at night?

3. Who makes grow tents that are sealed as in air tight ?????????
    Tents are designed to be light tight …not air or scent tight .

With the lights on I cannot turn the fans off.
    Once the fans are on the co2 will get blown around and sucked out .
    I have a wind tunnel going on inside my tent and my tent is anything but sealed or air tight .

I have two 20 inch fans and one 845 CFM inline 8 inch fan sucking out the hot air .

If you want accelerated growth try hydroponic or a aeroponic systems.

I have a friend who owns a hydroponic store, I talked with him about adding on a CO2 system .
    My friend told me because of the tent not being air tight and my tent or tents are inside my home and to get the level of CO2 needed inside the tent it would be expensive and the tent is going to vent most of the CO2 inside my home ..
    IF you have pets then they will be exposed to the co2 gas , and was advised not to use co2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tganks for the advice, exactly what I wanted to know. I'm doing deep water culture next, in the future if I have a dedicated room I'll consider c02 again

5. I have issues with Powdery mildew once the fans are turned to low ,, I don't have the ventilation needed to fight off fungi issues or powdery mildew .

I am single and live alone , I keep a clean house but I am limited on room where I can grow .
    One tent is set up in my dinning room you know its just the wrong place to introduce CO2,
    Risky for me and my doggie and the CO2 cannot be properly contained .

A spare bed room is a different story , it can be some what contained ..
    If you want grow advise I can give you the phone number to my friend who owns a Hydroponic store ..
    If I was going to use Co2 I would of bought it from my friend and it would of put money in his pocket and he advised me not to use CO2 in my tent that is inside my dinning room home .

I went with a aeroponic system , I bought one aeroponic system and then I copied the system and made two more from scratch .
    The systems I made I grow in a plastic 5inch x 5inch by 7 foot long fence post .
    The system I copied is a general hydroponic AF 20.
    If you want advise on how to make a aeroponic system like mine from scratch I have no issues helping you .

There are some issues in different DWC set ups , water leaks user friendly , and your system water tempts .
    With that in mind one thing you have to have on your mind is how to keep the DWC water cool .

Its harder to cool the water for six bubbler buckets then one system that many plants live in .
    Lot less time to feed and water many plants at one time then many individual plants not tide to one common recirculating system .

good luck

6. What lighting are you using ?
    If you are using HPS lamps they create tons of heat and requires the best ventilation .
    HPS lighting looses 90% of its energy because of the heat the bulb creates .
    Most likely the best lighting to grow cannabis with because of its color spectrum and the intensity of the light .

Professional photographers will not use tungsten lighting because of the fire hazard ..
    HPS and all light produces heat but HPS lighting side effects is producing massive heat.

7. I was about to buy a large cooler and cut two holes in it for net pots, found a 20 gallon for 40$. Figured it would hold temps better than a rubbermaid tote. If that doesnt work I'll buy a chiller I guess

8. I use a 600 watt hps, temps hold at 81 with lights on

9. Issue is most hydroponic system is the tank is inside the tent my tank runs 3 to 5 degree higher then inside the tents tempt.
    You have to take into account the pump inside the tank creates heat too.
    Personally I don't know how you will not need a chiller is you decide to go DWC .

I use LED lights and I need a chiller . I dump a block of ice in my 30 gallon tank twice a day .

10. DWC water temp 65 degrees .
    air temp inside the tent should be 75 degrees F

80 degrees or over is a little hot for most cannabis plants

11. Think I'd be better off buying a chiller or anotger window unit? Another 500 btu unit and I could prbly keep my tent at 75 without an issue
    But I should prbly get a chiller anyways, just to keep water temps consistent

12. DWC water temp of 80 degrees or over is really bad and will kill your plants .
    I am thinking of buying a smaller upright freezer and make a heat exchanger out of it to cool my dwc tank .

13. Maybe for a small reservoir this would work? What do you think?100W Aquarium Water Chiller Fish Shrimp Tank Cooler Heating Cooling Machine | eBay

14. Looks like its a little aluminum air to water heat exchanger using a computer fan .
    Kind of like a small car heater core with a computer fan blowing on it .
    Because your tent temp is 80 and slightly more you need a 15 degree drop .

Honestly I don't know if the Chiller you wish to buy is big enough .
    Max it will chill 6 gallons and your blowing 80 degree air over 85 degree water through a small aluminum radiator with a small computer fan and expecting or needing a 15 degree drop in the water temp and you want reliability .

I am in the same boat I need time to research this .
    Ambient temp inside the tent vs desired water temp when the ambient temp is only 5 degrees lower temp then what your water tank temp I don't know how efficiently the heat exchange will be .

15. Think I'm just gonna spend tge money on an active aqua chiller, 1/10 hp is 320.00, 1/4 hp is 380.00