C02 and The Effectiveness Post 4th Week

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Briggy1986, Apr 1, 2012.

1. #1 Briggy1986, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
    Hello fellow hobbyists and patients! My first post on Grasscity, hope I draw some intelligent opinions and thoughtful remarks. I am a somewhat educated grower using a hydroponics drip system, GH Nutrients, and a 600 watt watt switchable HPS/MH lamp/Ballast. My first post is honestly to stir up some thought on C02 Enrichment in a grow space. Today I had a great chance to buy a 20lb c02 tank filled for $60 dollars and went ahead with the purchase, minus regulator of course. Now I am 3 1/2 week into flowering and I figured this might be waste to use until next cycle. I have heard from experienced growers though that it works through week 7 or 8 , say one week before flush and post that, according to Ed Rosenthal, has a negative affect on THC potency. Any thoughts? Also, obviously C02 is heavier than 02 but if I release c02 into my intake with the outtake exhaust off will this effectively transport the co2 to the grow area? Lastly, until I cough up the buck fifty for a co2 regulator and timer is purging manually, say 3 times a night, with exhaust off worth it or a waste of c02? Thanks for any comments or thoughts! Lastly- My Lavender Sour Diesel 3 Weeks In and grown setup! Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. When I used to run CO2 I ran it through whole cycles and have seen improved results. Never shut it down, I just set it and forget it. But with time and improved skills it turned to be just an extra cost at min gain so I stopped filling the tanks.

Now unless said CO2 is from a CO2 generator then you can run the high rates needed to keep the room at a PPM CO2 is effective. But I think for the average joe its not cost effective IMO. But it does help no doubt.

3. Hey Thanks Ramones for the info. Have ever ran it inline with your intake fans above the plants? Maybe that is to much airflow for c02 given that it disapates with air movement?

4. They take it in rather quickly I am pretty sure, I have forgotten much of what I once learned but it was all out on the net. Ya just have to find in here the blades using it or do a lot of reading to find similar stories that match up for how to use it optimally.