Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bye bye mary jane

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ProfessorX, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Hey everyone!

I've been smoking for a few years now, I enjoyed everything I've been through with marijuana. Weed is a part of my lifestyle.. but i'm gonna stop smoking!

I've been ''clean'' for 3 days now, and it's a bitch!
    Everything i do, everything i see, every song i listen to.. remembers me off marijuana..

Last week i wouldn't even think about stopping, I was the guy that's always stoned, allways haves large amounts of weed..

I feel like shit right now, can't eat, can't sleap, depressed.. does anyone knows howlong this is gonna be like this? I havn't eat in 3 whole days..

The reason i quit is because i have a real high tolerance for weed and it seems like i didn't enjoyed my life anymore when i was sober.. i spend like 400 euros each month on weed, thats like 600 US dollars i think.

I will start smoking one day, but i wouldn't get myself stoned every fcking minute of everyday..
    My goal is to be able to not being stoned everyday, not even every week or month..

And even while i dont see marijuana as a drug, it's very hard for me to not go to the coffeeshop 200meters away from here, believe it or not, i even cried away a few tears for this.. I've been stoned for the last 5 years in a row, and i never skipped a day.. okay, maybe once a month.., but i never thought it's this hard to quit it, at least, for me..

2. If your cash is your problem grow.

3. cash isn't the main problem.. my quality of life while being sober is..

4. you need to get laid.

5. Is a serious reaction too much to ask?
    And btw, i get laid all the time :D

6. im sorry
    but how does this make any sense

whenever someone says there pressed for cash
    someone on the forum has to post
    "then grow"
    maybe its just me but
    i dont think its that cheap
    and it wont get somone weed within the next few weeks

seems like one of those stoner one-liners
    thats never quite thought out

7. Good point! I grow and my electric bill is more than the op spends a month. Not including the several thousand dollars worth of lights, fans, pumps, nutes, and misc. crap. For sure not a cheap hobby, but oh so worth it in the long run. IMO Much Love.

8. dude maybe start by smoking like once a day after u get your shit done and see how that goes? that way u still get to have mary in your life and you'll have that joint to look forward to. there's no point just full stopping just because you need to cut back on smoking.. just a thought.

9. Best of luck to you. The psychological withdrawals can feel pretty convincing, just try to occupy your time.

It's always a wise choice to sober up for awhile, and try to gain some perspective.

Cheers!

10. Yeah, sounds like a good idea to quit and get a different perspective. The sleeplessness lasted about a week for me while the brainwaves readjusted. Appetite came around about the same time as well. The psychological addiction can be strong for some. I quit for 12 years and still had dreams of getting high after 12 years. I smoke pretty sparingly now, and I can see that it can be done. I appreciate it more, and I have my priorities that I attend to first. If its no longer fun or enjoyable, no sense doing it. Best of luck!

11. good luck with that man

12. For me, the sleep problems lasted about a week but didn't have much problems with my diet. Atleast I don't remember any. Life sober was great though. At first it does suck but it gets better.

13. i was in the same situation where i was high all day every day for about 3 years then for probation had to straight up stop. i went like 2 or 3 months before deciding to fuck the system. but the symptoms that you describe are just like mine were and after about a week or two probably, give or take, your symptoms will pretty much go away and you will notice a much higher quality of life. hopefully all will go well for you. if ou need any advice or have any questions on cleaning up like that just post here or pm

14. i felt like that once, and trust me quitting all together is not the solution. not only will you feel like shit for suddenly stopping, but you can get away with just cutting back alot.

i used to smoke before every class, and before work everyday. and sometimes hit the one hitter while taking trash out. my tolerance shot up and i was smokin nothin but dank. all i did was cut back to smoking only during night time after everything in my day was done (school, work)

you should just limit yourself to a set amount of weed per day, so that you save money, but still get to get high. if you absolutely hate being sober, spread that amount of weed out evenly through your day. or just save it all for the night time. going to bed stoned is my favorite thing to do :)

15. #15 gord420, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
    When people on here say grow to save money they obviously dont mean indoor as thats really expensive. Outdoor is practically free except dirt and seeds or clones and you get tons of bud.

I have recently cut down alot on smoking weed even though I just harvested alot of different strains a few weeks ago and have practically unlimited bud for myself for the year. I used to smoke multiple times a day for 4 years and now I smoke 2 or 3 times a week. I really noticed I have more energy to do other things now and life is getting better since I stopped smoking all the time. Money was never an issue with bud as I wont buy it and havent for years it was just I smoked to much and it was to accessible so I smoked all the time. My tolerance is amazing now all I need is a bowl or 2 and im flying for a few hours. Before I would of needed 5 or 6 big bowls and I would comedown in an hour.

It gets alot easier as the weeks go man pretty soon you will stop thinking about smoking bud all the time and start doing other things.

16. wow man, i hope i dont get to 5 or 6 bowls... usually it take me and a friend 2 or 3 bowls max... but heyu man good luck, and i would probably quit cold turkey for a while, then when u think u can handle it go smoke once a day or less.

17. You really need to learn to use things in moderation. Marijuana is great and all. But really.... $600 a month? Learn moderation.

18. great quote and thats a great standard to quit by

19. I've been sober since Oct , 8 , 2008
    And right now i'd rather smoke a fat blunt of some dank than have sex.

20. If cash is your problem buy in large quantities and sell in smaller quantities. You will be able to smoke for free and have mad money if you get the right business going. Its not that hard to quit either, after about 2 weeks its just always in the back of your mind. It gets easier every day though.