Bye bye, Grass City.

Discussion in 'General' started by Wykid, Mar 19, 2006.

1. I need a break from GC.

AFD requested that registration be shut off for a while, but i dont think thats going to happen.

im just sick of all the bs going on in the City. :mad: You all know what im talking about.

Ill see ya later GC.

:wave: :(

ps: this was the straw that broke the camels back.

2. no! c'mon brah, can't you block users? if you come across them, block 'em... i stick to a few spots on the board, so i don't notice it as much, but there are some retarded posts...i agree, i haven't been here long but i'm annoyed by some of that crap sometimes

if you do end up leaving, i'll miss your sig/avatar :( and it's always great to have a relaxed person with a similar perspective

3. good luck in the real world!:wave:

lol, damn it, your sig is still EXTREMELY distracting wykid, i have to say i'll miss you posting once in a while because your sig just demands my attention and suddenly I lose my train of thought on the threads. It really was quite entertaining in a strange sort of way.

4. We'll miss ya, hopefully you decide to come back (soon).

It's just my opinion that sometimes ya gotta take the good with the bad. You can't have one of the world's most popular marijuana forums (especially now that some of the others have shut down) and not expect a lot of random idiots to post stuff from time to time. The annoying posts are increasing in number but so are the number of knowledgable users and useful posts. I can't even count off the top of my head the number of good new members from OG and similar now-disabled forums, there are so many. So it's not all bad: In fact, I don't even see the increased annoying posts as 100% bad, because it's an indication of how rapidly GC is growing and how popular it's becoming, and you know there are now a lot more good members too you just haven't noticed them as much. Just my two cents.

5. damn wykid well miss ya as you are a daily contributor here but i know waht you mean. im getting sick of seing the same old "omg i ned ways to hide my smoking" and shit like that. it gets old.

6. I don't believe in the saying that you have to take the good with the bad...not here in the City, at least. Indy and I will evaluate things later on today, Wykid. I have to go to work for a little while. We've lost members from further back then you due to this and now you're stepping out because of it...that's an issue. A big one that we don't take lightly, right now. :(

7. well atleast you adn indy do shit. other forums have admins that do NOTHING.

i mean as far as ive noticed you guys are doing a good job. but i also agree with wykid. there are alot of dumbasses on here.

8. I'm not saying you should sit back and take it, I'm just saying I would expect the bad to come along with the good.

9. i have an easy solution to these kind of threads, its a pretty highly kept secret but i'll tell you anyway, its called the back button, jus click it and you can go to another thread that isnt pointless, pretty sweet feature

plus if you hold your mouse over the thread box you can preview what it says and that usually keeps me from wastin my time

hope i was helpful in some way

10. i dont think you get it. people need to grow up and post maturley... and usually wehn you see things like that its from like 13 year old kid sho shouldnt be posting on here to begin with.

11. Damn that sucks Wykid. I always enjoyed your posts. Hopefully RMJL and Indytoker will take care of the problem, somehow. They always are doing a great job. Well, I hope to see you back soon.

12. i agree with neg ....

although there has been a lot of pointless threads recently.

13. Good luck Wykid, your a good guy. We've had our ups, we've had our downs. But you know we got no hard feelings. As expressed before, I have respect for you, and you have respect for me, so I will honor your decision. I am trying my damnedest to help turn GC into a new direction. I spend most of my day going through all the threads, and reporting posts to Indy and RuMJiL, just so you guys can enjoy the forums. Other than that I spend most of my time thinking of ideas that might work (like I suggested, closing registration, pay to go on the forums, ect), but who knows. I wish you the best of luck Wykid. If things don't start changing for the better, I think I might be following you, but for good. I love the City, with all my heart, but it's being run over with immaturity and it's not the same place, nor is it 'fun' anymore. I would hate to leave, but if it must be done, then it shall be.

Much love Wykid...Enjoy life outside of the City,
    -AFD

14. i think paying to use the city would be stupid. i think there should be an upper level for people who donate though. like if you donate well honor you a little more.

15. I can tolerate stupid threads, it's when they are posting the same thing everyday for three weeks straight, same damn threads.

I think they scan the threads and then repost what they think is entertaining or whatever.

But yes props to the mods, I know it's hard, i am a mod on my forums too. Keep up the good work.

16. Well, it sucks hard to see you go dude, but I wish you luck and Godspeed. :D

17. That's GC, and if you don't like it... that's fine, cause this is life, the only one you get... so have a ball, cause the world doesn't beat to the sound of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good you take the bad and in the end what you'll have is... the facts of life, yes the facts of life.

See ya Wykid!

18. Wykid, Rummy and I will be doing cleaning this evening, and purging the City of a lot of the useless stuff such as you have linked too, as well as purging the City of a lot of users that have repeatdly ignored pm's with warnings that we have sent. When I issue a warning and it's ignored and the same behavior keeps up, sorry but it's out the door at that point because the person has had their chance to clean it up.

We're not going to lose valued members simply because some people think they have the right to be immature to the extreme or disrespect the values the City has been built on.

19. First I saw AFD's thread, and now yours.

Like I told AFD, you have contributed to the city and help make GC. It would be a shame to see you go just because of some douche. That's just giving into to the immaturity.

Maybe take a break, but if you do decide to leave, I hope to be seeing you back soon.

20. The common forumer has only one defense against stupid people that plague this forum. That defense is to ridicule them to no end so that they realize how fucking stupid they are. The problem here is not that we are plagued by a large amount of stupid fucks. Its that every time someone speaks against them a mod comes through and busts their balls. So we're reduced to depending on a mod to do something about the stupid fucks. The mods, being the gentle kind people that they are, wish to give the stupid fucks a chance. This is a mistake. This instead shows the stupid fucks that they are protected, and that they can continually get away with horseshit like the thread Wykid used as an example. Of course, a mod will eventually do something about it, but why should they have to? I see no reason in not allowing forumers the right to expel stupidity when necessary.

Anyway, we'll see you when you get back Wykid.