Bye bye Alt Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Antifa are not fascists, they're the ones beating down the fascists. Being opposed to fascism does not make you a fascist.

As I stated many times already in this thread, nazis seem to be of no concern to some on the right which is deeply disturbing but Antifa who have the balls to oppose these nazis while the rest of America sits on it's arse watching are then the problem?

It's absurd and paints a very clear picture of where people stand.

2. So you're saying thats a recent phenomenon? Because they've been lynching people for a long time now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. No I'm not saying the act of lynching is a recent phenomenon.

4. Well then I'm confused

You don't think it's a recent phenomenon, but then you blame the alt-right. So do you think the alt-right has been around for hundreds of years? That Confederates were alt-right?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm starting to think you are purposely not getting the point. Just because ANTIFA labels people facists doesn't make said people fascists. Just because ANTIFA called themselves "anti-fascist" does not make them so. Their actions speak louder than words. They use violence to shut down their opposition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Well they could be anti-fascist Fascists.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. This is what I said.

Nothing about lynching generally being a new/recent phenomenon.

8. So am I... :poke:

• Like Like x 2
  9. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. US Nazis are blatant fascists. Of that there is no doubt. You can excuse and try to portray them as the victims here and defend their right to march with swatsikas through the streets of the US shouting bigotry but your not going to change my mind.

Nazis should be beat down every time they stand up. Full stop.

I think the disconnect here maybe because Americans live in a bubble. No grasp of what is happening outside their own little exceptional world. I cannot comprehend how you guys are attempting to portray Antifa as the problem and giving Nazis a free pass.
    It's absurd.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. nazis and antifa are the same animals and need to be exterminated. You may be surprised to find out thats how most the right feels about them. alt right, alt left just more idiotic labels..
    nazis are not a problem here at all here, for anyone to suggest they are, is laughable at best. the group is so small, even with months to plan, best they can get is a couple dozen so the fact that its even a topic of conversation, shows how most folks overlook the real issues over media exaggeration.

so tell me 30 Nazis or thousands of antifa.. which is a problem?
    nazis one very sad showing in the past couple years.
    antiifa dozens of showings, looting, people hurt, property destroyed. attacking free speech.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. From my perspective as an average person who isn't very political but leans left I think both sides are absolutely detrimental to normal life on this planet. For starters I can't stand non-political issues being dragged into the mix, leave those alone! The second something becomes political it is like it gets pushed off to one group or the other and it is fucking ridiculous.

To antifa and the far left, stop fighting the free speech that allows you to protest in the first place and leave black metal alone. Learn to accept that not everybody agrees with you and that censoring any opposing views is very authoritarian and *cough* fascist of you. Congratulations on shutting down venues that promote bands and events that you don't like, you just made them appeal to a lot more people than they would have on their own.

To the alt-right, stop denying science and reason and quit being close minded bigots. Learn better insults than "libtard" or "cuck" and perhaps develop an actual argument instead of resorting to 2nd grade level insults. Accept the fact that if climate change wasn't introduced by a liberal politician there would be no reason for you to deny it but since you have to distance yourselves from anything coming from the left you will let the world and this country crash and burn just so you can blame liberals. Grow up.

13. You still don't get it. I've repeated myself enough.

I'll be waiting if you really want to understand rather than repeating the same "2+2=5" lie that you and many others keep pushing in regards to ANTIFA.

14. i think allot of us deny global warming because the almighty science you claim is controlled by money and humans, Al gore said the ice caps would be gone by now, I asked maury he said that was a lie. science told us asbestos was safe again maury told us that was a lie, Science also said mj causes brain damage maury says thats a lie to, so until i see some actual proof of it and also see what the trillions of dollars we have thrown at it has done, i cant logically believe in it. Have you seen Gores house, Global warming has helped him allot. Lets face it anything done to help it has to be global, you cant sanction just the USA and expect folks to believe we are helping with the other countries spilling pollution into the same atmosphere. so yes i think science is valuable and yes in some cases its absolute.
    Most believe because it makes sense, but the weather channel founder himself said we have 0 proof and no signs after how many years and how much money? Its a slush fund,
    another question what is worse the nuclear rod burning into the earths core which is real and happening right now and not talked about or the possible global warming in a few hundred years?

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Slow and painfully respectful clap to that post.

(Especially as a BIG fan of black metal, especially symphonic black metal, Dimmu, I'm looking at you haha.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Excellent points.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I guess to start off with I make a distinction between climate change and global warming as they are two different things and global warming is just one of many side effects of a the larger scale climate change. I think Al Gore did a lot to discredit some good science just by making it into a political shitshow which is very unfortunate and also my main point that some things are best kept away from politics altogether. I am personally involved in environmental engineering and I have a friend who just got a masters degree in marine biology from NC State and we have both been exposed to the raw data showing trends of increasing ocean temperatures, radical shifts in climate patterns (both warming and cooling), unprecedented ice melting due to shorter periods of sub-freezing temperatures in polar caps, and the rates of change all correspond with upticks in atmospheric and hydrological pollution. There are lots of misconceptions floating around about what is happening but the core of it is that poorly regulated industry, agriculture, and the modern way of living against nature rather than with it is accelerating natural cycles.

I agree that some people used the idea of global warming to make a nice profit but not all scientists who are involved in researching climate change and global warming were bought and paid for. Some were, but many aren't and even non-biased and independent scientists agree that it is hard to argue with the data. I'll be the first to admit that science can and often is wrong but at the same time when numerous individuals researching the same thing from different perspectives and in different places come to the same conclusions I'm more likely to believe them. The best science and the most honest research on the topic are the ones who will admit that they can't accurately predict the magnitude and timeline of the climate change that we are experiencing but at the end of the day it is still happening and the modern way of life isn't helping. Sanctions won't help, cleaning up our act will slow it but not stop it, reducing the use of fossil fuels will help some, not relying on mass agriculture will help, and killing at least half the world population would help a ton but isn't an option. My point here is that if we don't at the very least prepare for the possibilities of what radical climate change could bring then we will be left in the dust wishing we did something.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I don't get what their deal with black metal bands is but it bums me out haha. Like sure, there are nsbm bands out there and it is a totally real thing and that mindset is more prevalent in black metal than any other genre of metal but it is only a tiny fraction of all black metal bands. To top it all off though they go after bands who don't even have any ties to ns ideologies like Marduk when they could at the very least try to stop bands like M8l8th or Der Stürmer who flaunt it. When they went after Graveland that was the closest they ever came but even so that is a band who has long since renounced that ideology and moved on. I think they are scared to attack the actual ns bands because some will fight back. That band M8l8th I mentioned is also part of a right wing militia that is fighting in the Ukranian civil war and won't hesitate to open fire at antifa.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Problem solved.
    [​IMG]

20. Let's not derail here but I am currently reading "confessions of a heretic". The interview book of Nergal from behemoth helped by lamb of God and they talk about this exact thing including the shit with Graveland.

If you want to talk more about black metal PM me and I'll be happy to chat but let's not get in trouble over it in this thread. Keep your horns up brother!

• Like Like x 1