Bye bye Alt Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 16, 2017.

1. thats so nonsensical. By most measures the media is saying he is failing badly right now. Thats what they want you to believe. If thats the case, why isn't he burning everything to the ground right now? We already know he isn't a warmonger, because we haven't started any new conflicts and he actually got that chubby bastard to step down. We also know that the russia collusion story was completely FAKE and FALSE.
    I still haven't seen anything that the president has done to limit the press, unless you count his use of twitter, so he is bypassing the press maybe? They certainly love following his twitter feed though and always make news out of it anyways.

2. The first amendment limits free speech as well. With or without the ICCPR, free speech is a limited freedom.

3. The point does not remain since it wasn't made in the first place.

There are technicalities, like you cannot yell fire in a crowded theater, and you can't talk someone into suicide. That is not what is being discussed here at all so those few exceptions are irrelevant.
    They have nothing to do with the right of large numbers of Americans to peacefully assemble.

Anyone thinking that should be illegal because they disagree with the political views being uttered, is not comprehending the basic notion of the 1st amendment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anyone who defends criminal wrongdoing, violence and hatred under the disguise of free speech is a fucking poor excuse for a human being.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Fighting words, incitement, and obscene speech are still unprotected under the first amendment. The ICCPR and first amendment are quite similar, so yes, my point was made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. not true. I posted this earlier, but you could have missed it.

congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

thats the literal text of the 1st amendment. I see no exclusions here at all, do you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I dont know that anyone was defending the message, just defending their rights to peacefully assemble, which this probably would have been if antifa wouldn't have shown up to agitate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. So everyone saying "punch all nazis" and every BLM member condemning all white people, and every insane Leftist group yelling FUCK TRUMP for the past 2 years, every feminist who ever bared her breast in public, were all "unprotected" according to ICCPR reasoning.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. oops...hahaha..theres that damn logic again sir!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah, Congress won't make a law. But people get jailed for their speech all the time. The girl who convinced her boyfriend to kill himself being the most recent I know of.

I don't know what courts/officers count as free speech, incitement, etc. I'm not a lawyer. It's just basic knowledge that free speech isn't absolute.

11. I think telling someone to kill themselves over and over again until they do it falls under inciting violence therefore it isn't free speech.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. I think @Praetorian nailed it. I don't see how these things are connected at all, I see no relevance. The fact that they would try to claim first amendment privilege as a defense shows that they don't have shit to begin with, imo.

13. @spliffington , we've established that there are minor technical limitations to the 1st amendment. None of them apply to outright stopping large groups of Americans from speaking freely on major issues. The 1st Amendment is mainly (not only) in place for the purposes of large social issues that affect the whole country and allowing everyone to be heard on them.

It is weird that you have to be explained why it is bettter letting more people speak freely than fewer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. This is literally my point. Thanks for driving it home.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You need to pay more attention.

And why did you automatically presume that I was speaking out against any group in particular?

(But you had to bring up antifa and how they're so evil, while actions of the person who actually killed someone are now contested, because "they started it?").

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. why did I presume? Well considering the forum, it seemed to be safe assumption. I also am familiar with your feelings on several other issues based on our interactions on here, so I feel like I probably have a good vision as to where you stand.

Of course I brought up antifa, thats what we were talking about. how they started the violence, ect. I didn't contest anything about the driver. Why do you assume that so easily?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Someone being a racist isn't the same thing. People are allowed to have shitty beliefs if they don't cause direct physical to someone else.

Let's say a group of pedophiles got a permit to assemble. I wouldn't agree with their belief either but they have the right to do so and if anyone was violent towards them I would condemn it. If anything in that case we need stricter laws but all of this inclusion shit the left is pushing is eventually going to lead to them being seen as people who can't control their identity and they'll be added to the victim list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. If you honestly think white nationalists aren't advocating for violence at these powwows then I don't think we will see eye to eye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. #79 Praetorian, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Notice how no one here is defending the R-Tard who drove his car into the other cars, killing that woman? Everyone has condemned him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. including the president. you couldn't tell that from the press coverage though. I'm also sure cnn and msnbc didn't tell their viewers that either or fucking fox for that matter. there coverage has been just as deplorable no doubt about it.

• Like Like x 1