by popular demand 'froggys Jack Herer'

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by froggy, Dec 18, 2003.

1. freezer is THE way to store buds. Why do you burn him, why not compost?

2. us pagen frogs still use sacrifice to please our gods...

dont knock it till ya try it.

3. Well done Froggy. I'm very impressed with your first grow of JH. I've only begun growing and know just enough to get by I suppose. I'm getting ready to order my set of seeds to start my journal. :)

I too live in Wisconsin, but in the SW corner by Dodgeville. It's a little harder to get away with good bulbs but I'm going with Fluro's 48" Sylvania 40watt Cool and Warm, alternates in each fixture. I really hope it does the trick. I've read Grandpa's Grow Guide (a definate read for everyone), but I was hoping maybe you could share some ideas, tips and suggestions for a fellow Wisconsinite :)

Ash23

4. great grow froggy. im anxious to know how those smoke

5. ive lost track of the days. 120+ i think

she is a glowing lady eh? all seedy and sticky and plump.

circled bud has maybe 10-12 seeds on it x 15 sites per plant x 2 plants = lots o seeds.

but froggy...i could have sworn that there were three ladies in ur herem? yes there were and all three had multi sex partners. yet alas one of the ladies is a barren wasteland. i havnt looked too closely but i havnt found 1 seed on her :(
    maybe this is another reason that JH is difficult to grow? i have NEVER had a female have 0 pollination before. anyone else?

i would have a hard time deciding which lady is the winner so i will pool all the seeds together and call 'froggies jack' for now.

the seeds still arnt completed. its taken em a while. maybe less than 2 weeks and they the final chop.

Attached Files:

6. isnt she a beauty?

Attached Files:

7. will you still smoke that mature bud? I bet it will smoke totally diffrent then the rest since the thc and cbd content has changed so much.

8. this time im gonna have a 'seed' party

invite a few over to de-weed my seed.

i guess for the work completed...they can keep the tailings

9. :) Froggy if you want, come down my way, I'll de-weed your seed. I'm very interested in your crop of Jack Herer
    Ash23

10. sounds like im missing out on all the fun stuff! :D

11. so im prunin up the lady with 0% pollination rate. not one seed it seems. i find that interesting. so anyhow im pruning her up and i find me this...

its a whorled node of 3. its like finding a 4 leafed clover.
    dont remember seeing that ever. sometimes i do look so close but still, i think i woulda noticed this.

also...i got some good weight off of her. maybe over 1/2z?

middle buds that grew up.

Attached Files:

12. its not the way to get the big monster buds but i really like the 'two harvest' thingie. good for extending ur harvest...

Attached Files:

13. Looks like candy!!!

14. Yeah Polyploids have a very RARE occassion of pollination. I've seen one instance personally, but heard of 2 or 3. I haven't dug too deep down into polyploids as to how they occur or how to control it, but I'm thinking I should. Polyploids seem to be coming more common than what they used to be (they're still rare, but not as much as 5 years ago). If I find any good info on polyploids I'll let you all know.

Ash

PS:: When are you coming to visit Froggy ;) Or I can visit you if you want lol! *licks his lips* Nothing wrong with some dandy candy :D

15. very nice man, very nice. tel us how it smokes when u smoke it

16. they finally got the ax.

kinda sad but its ok, they were ready and prepared. they are going to a better place. the seeds will live on. life will move onwards to its meaningless end...gammies move everforward. all of us, collectively known as the organism called 'life' is stronger because of me ladies.

thanks girls

Attached Files:

17. amen to that one froggy! Great grow... Looking forward to maybe smoking with ya *wink wink* maybe get some advice from the master :D Anyways, congrats on the grow froggy, lemme know how the seeds turn out :)

Ash23

18. great grow......

19. Was just browsing over the posts here and came across this thread. HAD to register and just say NICE FUCKIN GROW m8. I have fond memorys of JH. Strongest stuff ive ever laid my hands on. Again nice grow man. :)

20. ok its the 13th of may. 151 days from start of germ.

im gonna call this the end day cuz ive smoked some of the finnished product and ive also harvested some of the seed out of the gooey mess.

ive not completely finnished the cure of it but its close enough for my taste.

firstly the total weight.
    2.7 oz total smoke grade #1. this means the first and second cut. i was expecting a bit more than this but there was the seeded buds that am not counting on weight.
    id rate this part a 8out of 10.

strenght.
    seems the product is a not too strong yet not too weak. not couch lock what so ever. i think it might be a nice day time smoker. id rate this a 7out of 10 but that isnt necessarily a bad rating. some of us need to function during the day and also like to smoke. this is a happy medium.

flavor.
    delicious. there is a spicy/fruitie flavor in there. again there might be some final curing to do but i have to say that this is a delicious and festive smoker. the outside smell (when u walk into the room can they smell ya? ) isnt very strong whatsoever. i really like that. id rate this a 9 out of 10.

i have yet to get a germination rate on the seeds so i dont even know what they will produce. they look ok so my guess is they are fertile.

overall id rate this variety a 8.5 of 10 overall (on the froggy scale). im happy with it and it seems that this was maybe the best grower indoor of the grow season. not too darn difficult to grow. it goes on my recommended list for sure.

thanks for all the responses, i dont know what to tell u all but that i wish u were all here to enjoy it.

grow log out...