by popular demand 'froggys Jack Herer'

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by froggy, Dec 18, 2003.

1. jan 1st - happy new year everyone.

time for a picture i suppose. 17 days from a dry seed.

notice how there is a ruffle in the leaf. they all have it to a more or less extent. that is the polyploid of the strain showing thru in other ways. no biggie and could even be desired. they arnt growing super fast but i dont think they are growing all too slow either. just chuggin along.

that yellowness of it is the eerie glow of the HPS in the background. turn it off and they are deep green.

Attached Files:

2. dont know if leaf size = lumens.

my guess is that the larger the lumes...the larger the leaf.
    leaves are just solar panals and if there is alot of solar...im sure the plants will step up to the plate and make more space.

certainly larger leaves dont = smaller stems. id say that larger leaves = larger stems.

not sure about the plastic bag thingie either...but my plants usually have more than enough crystals without putting bags over it.

3. a plan? well i guess my plan is to get these into the rotation for now. i usually have 3-6 plants in flowering room. but as u can see i have 5 plants...2-3 are gonna be female. i have 3 females that are almost done now...maybe 2 more weeks, and by then...these plants should be almost ready to go into there.

Attached Files:

4. this is the first time ive tried 'jack'.

the very first post in this string has a picture of what i got going now. as they move left in the grow room, they mature and get taken out and new ones come in at the right. but if this 'jack' gets too large its gonna screw up the process...so i might have to do some trimmin to keep it down...which might screw up the habbit a bit but u gotta do what u gotta do.

5. happy birthday jack.

yes its been a whole month from a dry seed.

i have to say that im very impressed with the node size. they are growing a bit slower but more dense. i would expect 6-9 inches by now but only have 5. all are growing very simular in habbit and height.

we took a few pictures at the bday party and i thought id share em.

Attached Files:

6. these are really nice looking plants. ill go so far as to say they are by far the best looking from an gardening form. very dense and ruffled. deep dark green, like the look of an understory rainforest green. they are sluffing off this 'bark' type of layer that makes it look very old, almost bonzai'ed.
    and no its not dry...those leaves just have that 'weeping' cascade to it.
    im considering not tipping these, just because of form they have.

prob 2 weeks, then they go under the lights to find out which ones are jacks and which are jills.

Attached Files:

7. no really plenty of moisture. just how they look. definatly more droopy than the ave. strain

8. Wow, those look really nice! Can't wait to see how they turn out. :)

9. jan 19th and there some internode action.

no i havnt turned the lights off for over a month and they are on 24/0. its like wine, dont go in before its time but when its time...slam it.

looks like there is a boy among those ladies. will know forsure by wen. its only 8 inches but its now a manand can do some damage. i have a special area for studs.
    if forsure its a boy, ill chop it back to nuthin and not let it do a thing but put on leaf. 1 out of 5, this could be the only mr of the group. my plan is for only 3 fem's.

i havnt really fed em yet but i think they are gonna start to get the veg formula for about another 2 weeks. hoping for another 4-5 inches, then its to the bench.

still...showine that its a very stout plant. very nice for a home HPS setup.

heehee im starting to excited.

10. day 41

well they are now getting fed mix of 2 ferts. 10-15-10 full strenght and a veg promoter of 21-1-3. still very stout and can handle more N. they are between 11-8 inches and starting to show sex organs. i see 1 male (2nd from right) and 1 female (5th).

if i had to guess?...id say #1,#3,#4,#5 are female and #2 is the lone boy. and if these are hermie...im gonna fricken scream.

they are also in the process of becoming fully rooted inside the pots. they have maybe max of 1 week before it starts to retard growth.

im in the process of final harvest of last rounds plants so i will start to bring them over to the flowering bench over the next few days. ill repot them into a bigger pot and give them a good shot of my bloom boster 10-30-15 and add a touch of bone meal.

i bring them over a couple at a time so i can keep an eye on em. when they reach 12 inches, they go. that should be in 2 days for #1 and #3, they are 11 inch now.

Attached Files:

11. so now u ask me...'froggy what are u doing with a guy in ur harem?'

well he is gonna have to stay in 24/0 till im ready for him. and he gets a haircut ever few days just to make sure that only green is growing.

poor guy, i kinda feel for him.

Attached Files:

12. i went to home depot.

1 extention cord, .99$
    1 plug in fixture, .99$
    1 light equivelant to a 150w bulb, 1.99$ after mail in rebate.
    the weed that this produces, priceless :)

13. u gonna pollenate some of your females...?.....

how many watts are them flos bulbs.....?

14. HIGH All, nice grow froggy!!!!!! Love to see a girl in a Bubble Bucket...

15. no u guy an extention cord and a screw in bulb plug in

for 2$ per light

easy

and ya if i like what is happening...im gonna have me some plant sex

16. jan 27 -day 38

well i think i was wrong.

#2 and now maybe #5 are males and 134 are female. guess that isnt too bad. ill keep #5 in the veg area and if it truely is a male, ill prob strip him down too...just in case there is a prob with the other stud. still not sure on #5 but its looking like balls not hair.

still have yet to move them over to the flowering bench, they are just now hitting 11+ inches. really not growing very fast but still having that stoutness. ill take that over too big anytime. i see absolutely no signs of 'bolting'. i like that alot.

figuring on the 30th into 3+ gal pots for the final repotting and flowering. suppose i should sterilize the pots by soaking them in a VERY (1% or less) weak bleach solution over night. then they should air dry for a few days.

17. jan 31

repotted and put 1,3 on the bench. my bubblegums on the left are almost done.

so the jack herer will be the last grow of the season. spring will spring up here pretty soon. gotta get ready for 'sativa' season :)

i still have #4 female under 24/0. im toying with the idea of making her into a mama. if im gonna do that, im gonna top her right now and strip off a few fan leaves. id kinda like to have a few outside clones this year. i figure if i start now...i could have about 20 nice clones by may 15th.

sorry bout the eery glow of the HPS :)

Attached Files:

18. im in the colder part of the world...so heat isnt my problem. and im underground so even in the summer its cool.
    and hps isnt too hot to begin with.

but i do need an air extractor to the outside. ill work on that thissummer. it has open access to the rest of the house but it still gets stale in there.

and mylar is some good stuff.

19. well the 2 ladies have spread their roots out and are starting to put on some serious growth. almost a little too much. i guess i should have only let them grow to 10 inch in the 24/0 chamber. they are almost as big as my almost completed bud. no real hair growth either that i can tell. i hope they start setting flower here soon. i dont like to have too tall of plants.