Buzz'z Funky First Grow thread! Complete with photos for your enjoyment

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BuzzLightOne, Jun 9, 2009.

1. #1 BuzzLightOne, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    This is my first ever grow! I am excited about it, so I thought I would join the legions of other city growers and post a journal.

I bought my seeds from Attitude. I am growing 6- auto Quicksilver, and 1- G13 Diesel. They are all females. I really want to see some fast results, so I went with an auto strain. Quicksilver is closer to a non-autoflowering strain in size. They can grow up to 5' tall, and are said to produce bigger yields than dwarves.

I germed them in a glass of distilled water overnight (Tuesday 6-2-09). I put them in a tupper ware container and moistened with distilled water, wrapped the container in a towel, and put them on top of the tv (Wednesday). On Saturday morning I opened them up and they had grown to about 1-2" long. Three of them had pushed their way through the paper towels. They already had miniscule roots growing out of the main root. I gently pulled them through the paper towel and put them into the soil from the garden.

For now, they are inside under 3- 26w 6500 cfl's. Then they will be transplanted out into the garden.

This is an organic grow. The garden soil consists of:
    aged cow and horse manure
    humus
    topsoil
    sphagnum peat moss
    worm castings
    naturally composted organic materials (meaning dead roots and stems from vegies)
    and local sandy soil. I have used this soil for a long time and just add a bucket or two of new materials.

I have no idea what the percentages are. I am going in anyway.

I built the garden up off the ground because the soil here is really alkaline, and clay. The water table is 3' down. My land is an old river bed from back when this area was covered by the river. There is 144 square feet, so it should accommodate the mj and the tomato and pepper plants. Salsa yeah. I love chips and salsa for the munchies.

Here are some shots of the garden and soil. Big woo huh? LOL

I just have to upload some photos I took of them. I'll be danmed, they are all coming up since this morning. :hello:

NOTE: IF YOU CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL> THEN CLICK ON THE PHOTO> IT WILL BRING UP A LARGE IMAGE< ;)

Questions and comments are welcome and appreciated. :)

Attached Files:

2. Great stuff Buzz, consider me subscribed!

3. Nice spot and set up. I'm jealous, I suppose you can drive right up to that spot huh?
    You have some interesting strains there, I'll be sure to watch. Good Luck:smoking:

4. #4 BuzzLightOne, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
    Thanks Tim. You're a pal. :smoking:

Here are some photos of my babies. These were taken this morning. By the afternoon they were all coming out of the soil. Check the one out that is stuck in the paper towel. The Diesel is the last pic. I poked her with a toothpic, but she didn't seem to care. I thought the cat was playing in the soil,
    and exposing the seeds. I covered them back up, and they poked through again. LOL

NOTE: IF YOU CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL> THEN CLICK ON THE PHOTO> IT WILL BRING UP A LARGE IMAGE<

Attached Files:

5. #5 BuzzLightOne, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009

Nah, it's in my back yard. Thanks for the well wishes! :smoke:

6. #6 BuzzLightOne, Jun 9, 2009
    This afternoon photos. They are all up now.

NOTE: IF YOU CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL> THEN CLICK ON THE PHOTO> IT WILL BRING UP A LARGE IMAGE<

Attached Files:

7. Subscribed!

8. #8 BuzzLightOne, Jun 10, 2009
    Here are some photos showing the auto are growing just as strong and fast as the Diesel. These photo's show 1 days growth. They went from poking through the soil, to getting their first set of leaves.

Attached Files:

9. When do you plan on transferring outside?

10. Well, I am on plan 'B' now, since I planted them in 16 oz. cups. Duh. It would take too long to get them rootbound. So I think I'm going to put them out when they are a few more inches tall, and plant the cup into the ground until they are 8- 10" tall. I will then fim them, and plant directly in the dirt.

They are sooo tiny. The one by the paper clip in the picture is the runt. That is a regular size paper clip. If you enlarge the picture you can see the teeniest 1st leaves forming, and the indentations on the leaves. I didn't realize mj grows like a weed! Ha ha

11. Hehe, actually, yeah :p

12. lookin good buzz :D

13. Your growing medium looks really good. That's the mix from your garden? I have a feeling you're not new to growing, just new to growing marijuana huh?

14. Looks great babe. I cant wait to see the finished product. I started 2 more of mine, ones about 4 inches tall, and the other is about 3 now. The one thats 3 was only started 4 days ago. She sprouted nice with the sun

15. Hi, looking good. You might want to add perlite or lava chips in your soil mix for air and drainage. Very important imo.

16. She has the local sandy soil added in. I'm sure that will help with drainage, you're right on the air though, but the pieces of previous plants/roots, etc., will help with that.

17. Peat moss is good for airing out but she didn't specify in what proportions. If they lack air from the soil, they can really be stunted and start yellowing. Sand, little rocks, plant material and roots drain the soil, they won't air it out. A good air flow in the soil mix is very important for mj imo.

18. Thanks Chi. it means a lot to have you here. :)

19. Yeah I've grown a few vegies before. I love to have my hands in dirt. :D
    Thanks for being here for me!

20. Thanks for stopping by my friend. Wow, growing really fast. I'm so amazed at marijuana. Even more since I planted my first seeds. I'm hooked. It's truly a wondrous weed. Good Luck with you're grow dude! :D