Buying weed is ridiculous

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Pew, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Today I've been doing some thinking as I'm out of weed and really can't bring myself to buy more. Where I live an ounce goes for $350 and it's really just such an expensive habit to be a regular smoker. It pains me to think of all the money I've spent on bud that I could have saved towards worthwhile things other than altering my consciousness for a few hours.

I'm sure I'll continue smoking but I think it's time to stop smoking daily until I have things setup and I can grow and nurture my own plants the way it's supposed to be done.

Just thought I would share, feel free to comment.

2. T-break

3. Ya it's ridiculous how expensive weed is here

4. yea man i feel you too.. been thinking of growing for a while imagine that mmmm

5. #5 xilw3r, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    hah... guys you should not complain.

want a real horror story ?
    im from lithuania, look it up if you wish, its in europe.

and the weed here is... well, 1 "gram" costs 40 units of our currency lol, which translates to rougly 15 USA dollars. and the one "gram" is never really a gram, usually you are lucky if you get 0,8 of a gram (unless you are one happy son of a bitch and have an awesome dealer, like really awesome, which weighs your shit, almost never the case)

and dont get me started about the quality, when i see pics of the dank stuff on this forum, or watch youtube vids .. well, the "dank" here is probably what you americans would call mids. and that is also, if you are lucky. most of the time you just get some crap brittle weed...

[edit] i also forgot to mention that the minimum salary in lithuania is 324 dollars, the average is (as i remember atleast) about 800.. maybe a bit more. so put that in perspective, what part of your salary does 1 gram of weed make up ? cuz its way too much in here.

so yea, id be pretty darn happy in your place, atleast i would be paying for quality, and an accurate ammount.

6. Exactly the same applies to UK :(

7. Holly shit. Where I am from can get a qp of bomb outdoor for that much.

8. I wish 20$ would get you a zip-lock baggy filled with buds. :sad:

9. Lets hypothetically say it gets legal everywhere, Do you think the cost of weed would go down? B/c I have thought about how much I have spent in my lifetime on bud its its a number that makes me cringe.

10. Tomatoes are more expensive to grow than cannabis! Tomatoes, when grown commercially, need more fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides, than cannabis. Harvesting tomatoes must be done with some care, since a bruised tomato will quickly rot. With cannabis you take a machete, cut it, and toss it in the back of a flatbed!

Once you have harvest your tomatoes, they need to be refrigerated in an insect-proof area. Cannabis is just hung in a shed to dry- no power necessary! If you wanted to be fancy, you could add some fans, but even so, they cost way less to run than refrigeration units!

Shipping tomatoes also takes some care. The grocer won't pay for smashed tomatoes. Bags of dried buds can be vacuum-sealed dumped in a box, and easily shipped!

If you consider the cost of production, logically, tomatoes SHOULD be more expensive than cannabis! :eek:

So what did you pay for your last gram of tomatoes? :confused_2:

We gotta get cannabis legal! Become an activist! :hello:

Granny :wave:

11. Thats an interesting thought. So do you think with the legalization in colorado and washington the prices will plumet because cannabis will not be an illegal market anymore. Where do you think prices will be for an ounce or what smokers pick up in?

12. [quote name='"xilw3r"']hah... guys you should not complain.

want a real horror story ?
    im from lithuania, look it up if you wish, its in europe.

and the weed here is... well, 1 "gram" costs 40 units of our currency lol, which translates to rougly 15 USA dollars. and the one "gram" is never really a gram, usually you are lucky if you get 0,8 of a gram (unless you are one happy son of a bitch and have an awesome dealer, like really awesome, which weighs your shit, almost never the case)

and dont get me started about the quality, when i see pics of the dank stuff on this forum, or watch youtube vids .. well, the "dank" here is probably what you americans would call mids. and that is also, if you are lucky. most of the time you just get some crap brittle weed...

[edit] i also forgot to mention that the minimum salary in lithuania is 324 dollars, the average is (as i remember atleast) about 800.. maybe a bit more. so put that in perspective, what part of your salary does 1 gram of weed make up ? cuz its way too much in here.

so yea, id be pretty darn happy in your place, atleast i would be paying for quality, and an accurate ammount.[/quote]

That's some serious perspective. Thanks for the share brother

13. rob an old lady.

14. Fucking love. Your sig. About winning and losing some. Can i steal that?

15. its a drake line, from the song "over my dead body"

16. Yes, the price will drop! Who the heck will buy at $15 a gram, when you, me, and the little old arthritic lady down the street, all have a "well-lit closet" or a few plants tucked in among the tomatoes? :rolleyes:

I am hoping the prices will bottom out at what it was when I started toking- $10 to $15 an ounce sometime $25 for "kick-ass weed". :smoking: The quality HAS improved and no seeds, so the price should be a bit higher, and curing properly does take time, and time is money! So there is some "value added".

FYI- kilos were made from whole plants (sometimes even the roots!) back then, and sold for a whole $65 if you knew the right fellows! :eek:

Let's bring back those good old prices! :D Let's get cannabis legal! Become an activist! :yay:

Granny :wave:

17. Not bashin ya granny, cause I love you and your 2 cents poppin up randomly and educating idiots, but I don't know anyone who burns through tomatoes the way people burn through weed. (No pun intended) also, tomatoes aren't illegal. But for real. Why am I letting myself pay 80 god damn dollars for a quarter ounce of shit that grows from the fucking ground?!

18. Even here in cali legal is still expensive I haven't seen a drop in price the dankest is about 20 a g and mids from 10 to 15 and low self from around 4 to 8 I mean the only good side I see is that u get to see and smell before u buy so u know what Ur getting for what price not like the street were its anyone's guess what u might get so there pros and cons

19. That type of price drop won't, and can't, happen until we get full federal legalization! But each state, county and city that allows MMJ, de-prioritizes, de-criminalizes, or legalizes puts us one step closer to that goal!

20. Dude here in upstate ny the price is $20 a gram you think you have it bad