Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buying weed in another country? [Guatemala!]

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ForeverSnorlax, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Well, I'm not leaving the states until May, but I'm curious.

I'll be in Guatemala City for five weeks through a program called CSS. It's similar to the Peace Corp...I'll basically be down there as a volunteer.

I was reading over the website and volunteers work for 5-6 hours a day, but pretty much have the rest as free time! We all stay together at a sweet building in Guatemala City and can pretty much come and go.

Sooo... You guys know where this is heading. It would be excellent to explore a new country with some bud. Does anybody have any experience with purchasing in Mexico/Central/South America?

I know you can find it, but if anyone has any tips that'd be great... I've heard it can be dangerous, as some people take bribes and tip off police to these things.

And yeah... I doubt anyone will know, but if you guys know of any slang for marijuana that'd be great. I know in Mexico it's mota, but I'm clueless as to all the other countries.

2. Well, I'm sure it'll be new... And different...
    Make sure it isn't like... Diseased. o-o

3. just go around and ask ppl.... marijuana? youll find someone

4. im not sure if they speak spanish or another latin language but just go around asking for mota (weed in spanish). if the police are like mexican police then they can bprobably be bribed lol, but i doubt youll run into anything

5. I tried that website, but it's not the right area... It still helped though. I'm sure if I ask around and be careful enough I'll find some.

6. I was in Antigua Guatemala (about an hour's drive from guatemala city) last summer with my sister. I can't smoke around my sister but one afternoon, we were in the park talking to one of the kid shoe shiners. When some american tourists walked by he kinda mumbled, "i got weed". In english. The national language is spanish, but they know how to get the american business. unfortunately, I didn't get an opportunity to smoke while I was there (my sister was constantly near).

have a good time in guatemala city (it's huge, like the biggest city in central america). Be careful though, the government is a little fucked up right now, and you do not want to get caught!

7. I'm in Africa (specifically Tunisia) right now and managed to score some weed. Great right? Wrong. It's total shit and not at all what I'm used to, I usually have decent stuff and I'm an everyday toker so my tolerance is pretty high. Go ahead and try to get some, you will more than likely be offered if you hang around the right people (service industry peeps I would say) but don't expect much then if it's awesome, bonus!

Good luck and well done for volunteering, we need more people like you in the world.