Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

buying weed for the first time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by hazmat1997, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ok so i have never smoked before and i have never bought weed before either ik i want a dime bag or maybe a bit more since people don't get high the first time so i have it left over to get high my friend can hook me up with a few dealers but i need advice on what to say what to ask because i wanna know what strain i'm gonna get?? please help 

2. #2 Bill O'Really, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014

Somebody lied to your ass. Your first time is gonna blow your mind son. Get sativa if you can...take two tokes off of whatever, sit back and listen to some Pink Floyd until you get acclimated to the Universe talking to every cell in your puny little human body.

As for what to say...say "I wanna try me some weed my nigga"

3. Take scales with you or get it measured out in front of you. That's my input.

4. add at least 30 minutes to any time your dealer tells you

5. Some people get high their first time, some don't. Most of the time any strain name a dealer gives you will be bs. Just buy a gram of dank which in my area is $20. Just call him and be like, yo, (insert friends name here) told me you could hook me up with a gram? or just get your friend to get it for you.

6. Basically, it can go two ways, either you will get absolutely baked. Or you won't get high till the 2nd or 3rd time or more. But also, when you talk to the dealer, try to know what you're talking about, tell him you want some regs (for your first time, idk if asking for fire aka high grade weed is a good idea.) and ask for a dub ( a $20 bag) for a brand new smoker, it can last you maybe 2-4 uses. And idk what you're smoking out of. But the easiest thing is to ask your friend to roll a joint for you and him. When you smoke, you want to inhale the smoke into your lungs and exhale (some people prefer to hold in the smoke or hold their breath for 3-5 seconds) but it isn't necessary. But if you smoke out of a pipe then it's a little more confusing and you should just ask your friend to help you

7. that's actually really helpful but is there anyway i could ask what strains he has or for certain type like indica or sativa ik what dime bags and dubs and stuff are and im a bit ruff on pricing and stuff like that but i have a foil pipe i made im bad at rolling like horrible but mainly i wanna be able to know what strain im getting

8. #8 The Architect, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    If you can get what you asked for the first time you purchase weed, you'll be the 0.1% of first time users. Don't be let down, it happens to us all the first time.

Having said that, a sativa high is probably the best option for a first time user. Keep in mind that if the weed has traveled down from more than three dealers, odds are the true name of the strain has been lost into the abyss.

9. When you buy the weed man act and talk like you know about it so they dont try to rip you off. Instead of saying something like "Can I buy an 15$ bag" ask for grams instead,and if you have one bring a scale. By the way where do you live? If your closing to the east coast (assuming your in the USA) 1 gram of good stuff is usually 20$.

10. [quote name="hazmat1997" post="19419899" timestamp="1390881790"]that's actually really helpful but is there anyway i could ask what strains he has or for certain type like indica or sativa ik what dime bags and dubs and stuff are and im a bit ruff on pricing and stuff like that but i have a foil pipe i made im bad at rolling like horrible but mainly i wanna be able to know what strain im getting[/quote] it's really hard to know what strain you get, because first off, not many dealers even know the strain. Like they light say whether it's kush or haze but that's it :/ and if they give you a name, it's lost likely bullshit and they're just trying to get you to buy it. But some dealers may tell you whether it's sativa or indica. So it's worth a shot. Just know they probably won't know or won't have a mainstream strain such as granddaddy purp or white widow. Although I have had sour diesel and ak47. PRICES! don't listen to anyone else. They will tell you that it should be a certain amount and if you pay over it then you're gettin ripped. And that's not true. It really depends on your area. I live in Connecticut, and dubs are $20 ( all dubs are. If a dealer tries to jack the price up because it's "good shit" then tell him to go fuck off because that's bull. So yea around me, I've gotten eighths anywhere from 30-60. 30 was when a dealer was going to college and trying to get rid of his stash. And then it's usually around 40-45 and I've given 60 to a dealer because she was nice enough to call me saying I gave her too much money one time, and I got there and told her to keep it because that was sonics haha. I usually get quarters, which are 85-100 100 for regs which is your pretty good weed. And 85 for just okay stuff

11. [quote name="BigBabyLegs1203" post="19419947" timestamp="1390882195"]When you buy the weed man act and talk like you know about it so they dont try to rip you off. Instead of saying something like "Can I buy an 15$ bag" ask for grams instead,and if you have one bring a scale. By the way where do you live? If your closing to the east coast (assuming your in the USA) 1 gram of good stuff is usually 20$.[/quote] fuck I didn't mean to send it yet. Haha sorry in high. Anyways, i wouldn't really bother with anything more than that because unless you can smoke that amount in less than 2-3 weeks, then it's not worth it because I've noticed my weed gets dryer obviously and it's a lot more harsh to smoke.

12. yeah my friend said the dealers he knows sell for 20 a gram an i guess i can give up on finding a specific strain unless i go to a dispensary which there are none in my state so i guess just get a dub but anything i should be weary of or look out for in the weed itself like smell or look

13. Whenever you get it post back some pictures