Buying some new toys.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Crazy 88, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Hey GC community. Here's the deal! I'm about to buy some awesome new toys off the GC store but I just want to make sure that I've got the right idea about how all the joints will fit.

Here's my wishlist:

[​IMG]

I'm guessing the bowl would go into the Carbon Filter with an 18.8mm connection to the pre-cooler which would have a 14.5mm connection with the downstem which is connected to the bong with a 14.5mm joint? Do I have this right or am I confusing the hell out of myself?

2. Hmmm did I miss the awesome????..... I kid :)

3. Lol, awesome for me I suppose. I don't have all the money in the world :p. But in all seriousness, any help with making sure all the joints match up would really be appreciated. I'm pretty sure everything can and will fit together properly, but I just need to make sure if I'm going to spend nearly 200 bucks on this pipe assembly.

I fix computers for a living and right now people just don't have the cash to be able to afford to spend a ton of money to have their PC's fixed. While that's fine and all, that means I have to adjust my price to nearly half of what most places charge. I personally charge a 30 dollar flat rate to fix most issues, when most places it's anywhere from 60-100 bucks.

While I don't mind fixing computers at that price, it just means I have to work my ass off if I want to make my living, so 200 bucks is a massive purchase for me. It means I have to fix nearly 10 computers!

While it's unfortunate I'm happy to have the ability to fix computers because I make more money doing this than I would if I had an actual job >.<. Sorry to ramble, and I know you guys don't need or want to hear an explanation. Just trying to give you some perspective on my situation :p.

And I know I'm new to these forums but I really, really appreciate all the help and positivity this forum provides to not only me, but to everyone that posts here. It's amazing what you guys do here.

4. 200?
    you live in the VB area? so do I.
    Pm'ed.

5. I think you should get the ash catcher n the screens at a Lhs

6. Imo, adding a carbon filter and an ashcatcher is just overkill. Pick one or the other, they both do pretty much the same thing, albeit a few little differences.

7. [quote name='"ewb"']Imo, adding a carbon filter and an ashcatcher is just overkill. Pick one or the other, they both do pretty much the same thing, albeit a few little differences.[/quote]

Not at all. The ash catcher is an extra chamber to cool the smoke. Carbon actually changes whats in the smoke and will keep your piece very clean.

8. The overall goal of both a carbon filter and AC are to keep your tube clean.

As I said, there are a few differences in how they do this (more diffusion in an AC, filtration of chemicals in a CF), but overall they achieve the same effect.

9. If ash catchers actually kept the piece clean id agree.

10. [quote name='"Nate489"']If ash catchers actually kept the piece clean id agree.[/quote]

They don't keep it clean.. They HELP keep it clean longer.. Fact

11. No. They catch ash you pull through. Some of that ash can be splashed into the piece. Doesnt keep it from turning brown and nasty. It'll turn brown just as quick as no a/c at all.

12. I like the input you guys have given me so far. I appreciate it a lot!

And thanks a lot SmokingSection! I appreciate the PM!

13. [quote name='"Nate489"']No. They catch ash you pull through. Some of that ash can be splashed into the piece. Doesnt keep it from turning brown and nasty. It'll turn brown just as quick as no a/c at all.[/quote]

Haha do you use an ash catcher? Because it definitely keeps the glass below my bong joint a hell of a lot cleaner than the glass below my ash catcher joint

14. I have. Thats why i use a cf now. An a/c is great for adding flavor if used dry though

15. I'm sorry you haven't had good experiences with ash catchers. Remember man, this is all subjective and based on what everyone likes to do with their glass. Some people prefer ash catchers and some prefer carbon filters. All in all the end result is getting baked. I'm just trying to get opinions and some help finding the best piece for my budget.

16. Im not saying i dont like them but they do not do much for keeping a piece clean. Thats all.

17. I totally see your point man! I've taken what you said into consideration when I buy my next pipe.