Buying seed from overseas

Discussion in 'General' started by Maggie777, May 26, 2019.

1. I purchased seed from Seedsman and have tracked it to Australia. But it's been here 6 weeks and i haven't received it. Should I be worried that customs have it and expect a visit from the police.

2. That seems like a long time, unless there is a large queue of other packages that need checked. If contraband was confiscated customs officials will not send police, but will instead write you a letter informing you that illegal items were being sent to your address and were destroyed after being discovered.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you so much for your prompt reply. That makes me breath a bit easier. I am in WA though, real tough laws.

4. Time to change up the stealth packing again seedsman :) I hope they come through but it doesn't sound good. Generally customs dont really care about state laws, they've got there own shit to deal with. Still a good idea not to ship to an adress that has plants growing.

5. Exactly! Now need to practice calm and avoid the paranoia. Not quite ready to pull. Waiting for the trichomes to turn. My first time and I've been reading all over. But now I'm thinking I should hurry up and harvest, get it dried, cured and hidden.

6. I'd be thinking the same, even if it is overly cautious.

Don't get seeds delivered to your grow show, offer a friend something nice in return for accepting delivery.

7. Next time, fingers crossed. Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't buy seed anymore my first seed germinated when my plant started to grow I just clone it so I can have a constant source of the plant.

9. Truth is i have no idea of the strain I am growing only that i believe it is a sativa. I took the risk to by a few feminized seeds both sativa and indica. With the thought of taking cuttings from my favoured plants. Well that was my plan anyway, doesn't look like thats going to happen now. None of you waited that long?

10. Dont give up completely, seedsman say to wait two months before contacting them. Mine took about 30 days to come through.

What concerns me is that you've tracked them to AU and they've sat here for ages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Living in WA also and also having purchased from Seedsman, I can tell you that twice now my seeds have failed to arrive. Never received any letters or communication of any sort. Certainly never had any trouble with the cops over it.
    Both times Seedsmans sent replacements as per the insurance I had gotten.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Exactly Cooper666. Wish I hadn't tracked it now.

13. There is an Aussie Seedbank now, Aussie Canna..or Canna Aus....something like that. They do the importing for you, so you only have to deal with local post. I've not purchased from them personally, but friends I trust have.

14. Yantra too, though I think they busted dealing buds or something. There's a list of Aussie seed banks on oz stoners forums.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you so much for the replies. I will go google the Ozzy seed people right now.

16. Kiaren76, great to hear it happened to you without any consequences. Pulled one early this morning, I've heard in WA when police calculate weight they way stems stalks and roots. Don't know if its true.

17. All to true sadly...

18. Funny, a decade ago when the laws got tough in Adelaide, many growers moved to Perth. OOPS!

19. I've heard you can grow 2 plants in SA and only a fine. Is this the case do you know?