Buying Nutrients in BULK or SINGLE .. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Romain, Mar 11, 2009.

1. I'm starting my Aeroponic grow, and was wondering if I should go and buy my GH MICRO and BLOOM in bulk, larger quantities to save money and time OR just buy as I need throughout the grow. I'm only worried about keeping opened nutrients for too long and possibly ruining them or using them and potentially harming my plants

Thoughts?

2. to correctly answer that, youd have to know how big of a grow youre doing.

if youre doing something relatively small, say 10-15 plants max, then I would just buy the normal bottle, 32oz I think. Youll find that at a few tsp per gallon the 32oz will go a long way, and youll only run out a couple times a year, tops.

if youre going to do something bigger, you know if you are, then go ahead and get a gallon or more, nobody wants to get more nutes every month

3. not sure how long nutes last. I went ahead and bought the Advanced Nutrients 1 gallon Jugs, and I just re-fill my old smaller containers to measure nutrients out from. If you think you'll use it within a year, I'd say buy the bigger bottle, because it's usually a lot cheaper that way.

4. #4 HeMadeMeDoIt, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    I buy the 2.5 Gallon/10 litre of all 3 at a time and find that I go through the micro and bloom at twice the rate of the gro. There's no expiry on nutes btw.

5. take it from the shankster, always buy in bulk if u can afford it. in the long run u will save alot . no age limit on those nutes. i hate to run out, the nearset supply house is in the next city .:smoke::smoke:

6. My thoughts on that is this. The less you know about something, the smaller the bottle you want to buy.

If its something new to you buy the smallest bottle they make. If you like it, buy the biggest bottle you can use in a year. Simple.

Smaller bottles let you try more stuff faster and at lower overall cost. But once you figure out what you want to use full time you switch to the bulk sizes because it costs a lot less per ounce.