Buying nutes...Is it really safe?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Krikey, Aug 23, 2006.

1. I've heard stories of cops parked at hydroshops just taking down license plates for anyone who comes out of the place. To me it seems going soil would be much more discreet and safe. How do you buy hydro supplies and are you worried any?

2. dude........many people grow with hydroponics for completly legal purposes. I wouldnt worry about buying nutrients from any hydro-store. If you are that concerened about being a "MARK" just order your nutes off the internet!

3. The fact of the matter is, it did happen and more than likely still happens. I mean do you really think alot of 18-25 yr olds actually have legal hydroponic gardens? And about having the stuff shipped to you, if you ever were being investigated they sure as hell would know whats being sent to your place.

4. Paranoya causes problems.

5. Yet keeps you out of jail. A little paranoia is healthy.

6. Just use a money order and order from the internet its that simple if you really feel the need you can have it sent to a "safe house" which is just someones house who isnt growing and just put someone elses name on it. Buying nutrients or any hydroponic item for that matter isn't illegal, cops dont right down ur license plate for doing something legal do they? You may be right that soil is more discreet and safe but it doesnt get you those dank green sticky hydro nugs :D :D

7. around these parts cops have alot worse things to deal with than running surveillance on a kid buying legal plant nutes

8. So your saying if you grow in hydro your weed will be danker than if you grew in soil? I've always heard the median doesn't make a difference. Genetics and how well you take of your plants is the real key. However I guess you could make a point that if you have two newbie growers it would be easier to achieve dankness in hydro. Thats just my guess.

9. Not where I am. This happened an hour's drive away from me.

10. i will promise you if your a newb soil is a lot easier to achieve a plant that lives. if your a newb and doing hydro then you have alot of problems to deal with it aint as easy as it sounds trust me.

11. I always get a kick out of these threads. Most, if not all, is completely bogus information. If you know of a case where someone was tracked by using a hydro store - prove it and show the news article. Otherwise, stop making people freak out!

Bottom line, this type of post does nothing but make your local hydro stores lose business to the internet.

Think about it for a minute: Cops do not 'investigate' drug growers. DEA does. It's their job. Now think about the budget required to: Write down license plates, look up the driver, verify that the person in the store is actually the driver (photographic verification).

This is all still at the store!

Now, what can they do with that info? They'd need to setup survelliance at the residence of the driver (assuming the driver owns the car/truck). And they just wait....and wait...and wait until the driver screws up.

Mind you - this is for 1 CUSTOMER! If a hydro store has 10 customers, all from different locations, per day - do you honestly believe the DEA has nothing better to do than tail all these people?

Come on... If you're going to get caught it will probably be with the usual methods

1: You'll sell some, spread the word and get popped as a dealer
    2: You'll tell someone, spread the word and get popped as a grower
    3: You'll have a fire/break in/loud party/etc - anything that causes police to be called out to your place

#3 is the hardest to combat as acts of God are random. But the last thing I'd worry about is buying nutes from a local hydro store.

-Slyp

12. The cops can no more set-up outside a hydro shop than they can sit in a bar's parking lot. And if they bust you using info they garnered from an illegal surveilence, get a good lawyer and sue them after it is thrown out.

13. first off, are you growing in Hydro??? If not and your growing in soil why are you going to a hydro shop??? REgular nutes can be gotten from any plant store for soil.

Second, they can park all they want, the store is a legit store selling legit products that can be sold to any damn body, for whatever they are growing.

They cant follow you and do illegal watching like chimera said.