Buying my first car.

Discussion in 'General' started by Vicious, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Why do people call it a whip?

LOL that sounds so silly :p

I have to find my friend a new car as of right now, her expectations are outrageous and she's ready to buy the first car she looked at lol

good luck with your car hunt!

2. One other thing dont get the 93+ rx7. Yes its an amazing looking car and can be FAST but its also a rotary PIECE OF SHIT. It will definitely be broken at LEAST 50% of its life. LOL. And when you do go to work on it, no one knows how to not even the mazda mofos anymore so it gets DAMN expensive.

3. I agree with Phoenix fuck those older rx7's. They are sweet as fuck, but the brand new rotarys blow major ass and always break. That Supra you posted looks right up your alley, although as an everyday driver? Also, an STI is just out of your price range but a very solid, "race" car lol. I'm high.
    Peace.

4. im thinkin theres no way youd be able to get financing on half those cars...do you earn an annual salary?? if not than there is no way youd be able to get financing at all im thinking.

its your first car and you want an M3???? cmon guy

5. All that stuff sure sounds nice...

But in my humble opinion, if your getting a large sum of money like that, hang on to it for at least a year. I would NOT blow that kinda money on a bunch of cool shit. You realize a few thousand in a CD will make you a decent amount of cash?

Buy a used car for your first car. Go for a jeep.

6. i dont want to sound like a douche

but why spend all this cash and settle for a student loan when the time comes for schooling??? a loan should be your last resort my man. trruuusst me, interest on those things are outragous.

I would reccomend a beater, and like said above, invest the rest for your future, so youll have an alternative to getting a student loan. You still may need a loan, but when you get one youll wish you still had this cash to help you out.

once you get out of school w/o a loan (or considerbly smaller debt) and earning the $$ to afford and maintain these cars, itll be all worth the wait.

I dont like when people tell me how to spend my $$, so dont take this personally. just my opinion. you should invest in your future son, not an expensive automobile that will loose 10%-20% of its value each year to depreciation, and especially not such a prestigous automobile that will break the bank when it comes to labor and maintence.

this is why people (in my opinion) are in such a great deal of debt these days. --my brothers gf has 120k in student loans and thats before interest. she will be half a million in debt *by the time her loans are due