Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buying my first car - Advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Johnywilks, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ( I know this has nothing to do with weed, but I think this is the best section to post this, considering alot of the "apprentice" tokers are of a younger age - late teens / twenties )

Just wanted to get your advice on buying a first car.

At the moment I currently have $4k to spend , $3k of my own money and a $1k loan from my parents.

Is it possible to get an OK ( Running ) car for $4k ? maybe even $3k considering the extra things on top.
    How much do you think I will need on top of the car price (Used car), for other things like rego,repairs etc.

( If your australian , that would be extra help )

Thanks,

2. I have no idea how the used car market is in Australia, but I spent $2300 on my car and it ended up needing $1200 more in repairs a couple months later, so just keep in mind the lower in price you go the more it's gonna cost you later to keep it running.

You're from Australia, so if my latest viewings of Top Gear are correct what you want is a Holden Monaro.
    [​IMG]
    (except it's a little out of your price range :p)

3. my first car was 2100 dollars. then i spent about 500 fixing it, and it ran for a long time.

until my girlfriend crashed it.

don't let girls drive your car.

4. Yeah, that'll get you a good car.

5. Get a cheap car like a tercel, corolla, civic, and DO NOT mod it. Take care of it and it will last you forever. My tercel is a 97 and it's only needed a battery and passes emissions tests every year (i live in canada). Good luck

6. i have a friend who lives in australia and he has good luck with mitsubishi's specifically the verada and magna3

7. Thanks for all your help.

Hopefully there are some Australians also on the forum