Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buying first large amount, need advice.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Broskiiii, Feb 20, 2010.

1. #1 Broskiiii, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
    I've never bought anything over an oz, but I am planning to soon. Now I'm gonna spend $800 total. My question is how much should I get for this price, keep in mind these are mids and I usually get 1oz of this stuff for $150. Just wanna make sure I don't get screw'd you know. Any help is appreciated thanks

2. Lol at the jew comment.
    But if your getting 150 for mids in the first place that isn't that great, but you should be getting around 4-5 ozs if your dropping 800. Remember to always go with some friends, especially with times these days. Good luck!

3. You need to find a way to meet him on yuor terms. Bring a friend who is experienced or at least one who can keep cool in a situation. And make sure he weighs it our in front of your or takes the time while you weigh it out. If for any reason you detect sketchiness (more than normal) just call it off. And if you care ,check the bud VERY CAREFULLY for mold. You don't want to be in that situation. After you exchange the goods, go straight home. do not pass go, do not collect $200, just go HOME. Do not speed do not fuck up and make sure your signals and brakelights are working first.

4. $800 in TX will get you two pounds of reg, or a pound of mids.

5. Thanks for the help guys. It's not so much I'm worried about him ripping me off in the sense that I get bunk herb or he doesn't weigh it correctly I'm good friends with the person I buy from. I'm just not sure if because I am buying more I should be getting it cheaper per oz than the typical price for one?

6. #6 Glass Clown, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
    You do math funny. Why would he pay $800 for 5 oz of mids he can get for $750?

OP, two things, no three things: first, my first thing doesn't apply any more :) Second, I hope you've considered the legal aspects of this. That much weed at one time is felony territory. If you get busted with it and have a scale anywhere nearby, you'll be doing prison time. Maybe you've thought about that and decided it's the right thing for you, if so, cool, but I'm just pointing that out since you said you've never bought more than an ounce.

Third, you really should know what you're getting before committing $800. As you can see from the post above, you're likely to get all kinds of strange answers to your question and you'll have no way of knowing who's right. Prices vary from region to region and dealer to dealer. The only answer is you're getting what you're getting for $800. The only logical thing you can say for sure is that if you're paying $150 an oz for mids then you better get at least five and a third ounces for that money or your better off buying by the ounce. If you're not getting some kind of quantity discount, then it's not worth the legal risk of having that much weed at one time.

Ask the guy you're buying it from what you're getting, and try a sample if you can before you buy so you know the quality. That's a lot of money if you get ripped off.

7. @ Clown basically the question I wanted answered was when buying in bulk should the price be less per oz than when you buy in quantities of an oz or less. I guess I should have just posted that rather than be so vague, my bad guys.

As far as the legality issues I'm too concerned because this plan is nowhere near set in stone. It's just an idea I had and wanted to get some info on it.

Anyways thanks for the help guys.

8. The reason for quantity discounts in any sales operation is to get you to spend more now. There's no benefit to you to pay the same per ounce and buy $800 worth now when you can buy it for $150 one ounce at a time, so yeah, you should get a volume discount. But it's not always going to work that way on the black market, and some people will buy that much just to have that much around so they can smoke all they want constantly until it's gone. Which, you know, has its appeal :)

It's good that you know this guy already because it really helps if you can trust the guy to be straight with you.

9. Alright, thank you for the help. :D This thread can be closed now.

10. One thing you must remember. Take pictures and post on stash jar. :hello: After that, paste a link to your thread on here.