Buying FFOF on ebay?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mothy, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Found FFOF 12qt bag for 25bux w/ free shipping. Does this sound about right?
    Its from "the hydro source" has anyone used them? Are they reputable?
    Is this about what it costs for a bag locally? I'm just a little weirded out by going to my local hydro store, i don't look like the typical tomato grower lol.

2. #2 Sam87, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
    Neither does 90% of their normal business. . .

Don't know your area, but I can get it locally for 20 flat. So, a little high, but not outrageous. I suppose you pay for convenience. I'd grab a small quantity though, before you go and order 100cuf or something, make sure the store is legit. Would suck to get a bunch of bags refillled with Miracle Grow or some shit.

You're better off buying your medium locally. I've never found that soil was any cheaper, if not more expensive than on the internet. Granted, I've got a bunch of well stocked, cheap hydro stores near me.

Check these guys out, if you really don't want to take the drive.
    http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/fox-farm-organic-soils-c-79_394.html

Haha. Never mind. They want 35 bucks to ship a 13 dollar bag of FF. Not what you'd call a steal. . .

3. yeah that sounds right. I would still go local. Keep the cash in the community, they will appreciate it. Just pay in cash and your all set.

I was a bit scared to go to any of the local shops here. But it turned out that two of them are run by people like us. I figured I would be greeted be a guy in his 50's or 60's who would maintain a smirk the whole time I was in the store. WRONG... bunch of hippies talking about the best shit they've ever smoked. I jumped in the convo and now we're friendly.

4. i <3 the hydro source on ebay ;)

fastest shipping ever shipped to me. :]

5. lol, Why be weirded about going to the local grow store? 1st off, the majority of their customers are most likely "bud" growers. When I am in my local shop, I think every customer in there is there for weed growing.

2nd, who cares what the people that work there think of you. Its not their job to judge you, just sell you supplies. So they are not looking to make you feel weird and leave, they are there to make you feel comfortable and buy. They are not connected with the law in any way. And if you are super paranoid, just pay in cash.

And I have found them to be very knowledgeable and have answered some questions very well for me. Nice to have a local resource, not everyone is so lucky.

6. I can't speak for the author, but it was strange to me because in my head I know that whomever I talk to is going to catch on real quick that i'm growing dope. As it stood on that day I decided to go into the store only ONE person knew.

Going into that store, to me, meant that I was going to double the amount of people who knew of my activities. Maybe even triple it. LOL.

But like I said...absolutely nothing to worry about. The dudes at my grow shop are bigger fuck ups than me. :D