Buying Fake Samsung Grow lights from Alibaba

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Headhunterpipes, Oct 1, 2019.

1. I don't need the numbers because I won't call them because I'm not from America. However, it cannot be generalized that Alibaba sells fake goods, since it is only a platform and thus the product depends on the seller.
    As already said, there are definitely dubious sellers who sell fake goods, but in my opinion e.g. Kingbrite does not

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. You can post it on rollitup it up. They have active HLG reps there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. And yes kingbrite is a great cheap option. They chips are pretty much right under Samsung but still not equal. However when I pay less for something it is normal to make excuses for the cheaper buy to make you mentally feel better. Deep down inside though you know it ain't the same.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Faitr enough ,,,, all i am doing is reposting all the info i posted in the beginning of this thread .
    For me i will never buy anything that is a imported brand name product being exported out china .
    Mainly because of china's import tax is so high its not possible for any company in China to import Samsungs diodes and sell them cheaper then another countries that has a lower import tax rate..
    The other is China doresnt enforce patent and copy right laws .

I did enjoy visiting China years ago and even back then. China is a very beautiful country .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. China demands any foreign company basedt outta China to give the Chinese gov all the details of components and how it’s built . It’s called something like intellectual property. Ridiculous if you ask me and why north American / European companies need to come back home. Just my half a cent ~ vape

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kingbrite has a pretty solid rep on RIU ever since leds was about Cree cobs and there was a few test comparing US sourced crees with the china crees and they came out pretty much the same. Since i like the history of this and hes probably on this site @REALSTYLES was the guy who actually premiered this source. Sadly nobody does these kinda tests anymore but afaik the boards are close to hlg in output and draw, the hlg has the upper hand though on combining highest flux bin with lowest voltage bin which means best output per watt.

• Like Like x 2
  7. -Diodes.....made in Korea
    -Drivers.....made in Taiwan
    -Steel/aluminum/wire/clips/hanger wire,plastic for the wires.......pretty much all the other components are made in China these days

And everyone cries for "Made in the USA"

LMFAO!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Has anyone ever considered making a flip flop box for these drivers. For example, having 1 driver running 24 hours, 12 hours on 1 set of boards(lets say in tent1), then switch the second twelve hours to a 2nd set of boards (in tent 2)? I know people used to do this with hps. I figure it would be a relay and a timer, not sure if there would be any major overall money savings over just having a seperate driver, just brain storming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. I had a similar idea but with one set of lights on movers and it will move once every 12 hours so you could flower 2 beds with one lamp.

• Like Like x 2
  10. If you do this then keep in mind that youd need a relay speced for DC voltages cause youd have to do it on the dc side.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I have a few qbs from Kingbrite. They have worked very well. Also have some qbs from HLG. Also work very well. Bet you can't tell which plants were grown under which brand light. Just recently purchased from another company on alibaba also a great light so far. Are they real samsung diodes...probably not. Do they work just as well for a fraction of the price...absolutely 20201211_121805.jpg 20201219_114030.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Why would you suggest they aren't Samsung chips? What drove you to think that?
    Thanks!!!

13. They don't have to import if you checked into Samsung they have multiple plants manufacturing diodes in China.

14. To be honest there isn't any reason to think they aren't. I really don't care either way. All I care about is how much it cost and how well it performs. So far checks both boxes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I think the biggest impediment to doing business with Asian businesses is communication. For me, its the biggest turnoff. But I do like their lights.

• Like Like x 2

16. Agree 100% with you on that,, but it's worth it to pay 80% less price then HLG for the same gear.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alibaba is a hit or miss if you don't do your research. If you do, then chances are you know if you're dealing with a long standing factory with good credentials.
    75% of these "Great" led lights we're using are manufactured there. 65% of them (guesstemate #'s) are or will be DLC certified. To check you simply go to the dlc website & check the QpL. (Qualified products list) . That will help you find legit Alibaba distributors. But I doubt that will help with warranty. I do not know. But you can get legit lights, most already buy them & do not know.
    Most lights are from Alibaba to start.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I would rather buy a light that costs x2 and made anywhere else than support China businesses.

• Like Like x 3
  19. you might appreciate this

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yaaas.

• Like Like x 1