Buying Fake Samsung Grow lights from Alibaba

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Headhunterpipes, Oct 1, 2019.

1. WTF?
    This guy doesnt know the differnce between piss and epsom salt? But he knows that KINGBRITE is FRAUDULENT?? LOL Bwahahahahah! 2 hours left!! Lets go New England!!! Sundays are amusing!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. And yes Royal Gold Tupar is basically HYDROPONIC because of the fact of cococ coir retains 80% oxygen but thats not soil or peatmoss or sand....Just pointing out that he is argumentative and talks shit and expects people to believe what he says he did when I called a Samung HQ myself in China thats all I am saying.....And you seem to back him up...LOL!! I have grown in hempy bucket rdwc dwc coco organic soil and in vermiculite. Yes i realize that there are cautions to take with the vermiculite but that was in 1999. When US Cultivators put OUR freedom on the line for this craft! So now I wont take some guy who was buying 20 MARS lights and then became an HLG CHEERLEADER and clims different. Have a good day I am going to have a beer now. NE Pats are coming on in a few!!

3. My fault in the soiless claim I forgot to put in peatmoss...Sorry my bad. I meant to say soil or soiless(Peatmoss) and Vermiculite......

• Like Like x 1
  4. Enjoy you’re game. They’re my fantasy DEF. that’s all I was pointing out. Waste of time. I’m watching the Bills vs Ravens. Bills are hometown team but I’m a Bears fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am PRAYING for Buffalo TOO! Allen just got stepped on WTF?? LOL... I am definately not a confrontational person, just don't appreciate BEING called a liar!..lol But I don't care what lights anyone uses or claims as long as you have the experience a valid claims to back you up ...I can see any post he evermade and they are 90% Argumentative and ALWAYS telling people they are wrong Thats my only issue with this fine young man. Just saying if one is GENIUNELY trying to help thats GREAT, but when a person is consistently claiming they know ALL things in cannabis Its usually THE OPPOSITE!! Have a good day AND lets go Buffalo (I need Ravens to drop out of 1st place!! lol) That QB IS NASTY!! I FEAR THE RAVENS THEY ARE BAD ASS!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chicago is my NON hometown team 2nd favorite!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Have a Merry Xmas!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good day and Let us with FAKE SAMSUMG QBS continue to crush it in the cultivar culture.

Lol idk about crushing it. There's a guy on YouTube growing with a knockoff(kingbrite) hlg550 and he got just under a lb of some stemmy crappy lookin bud. And then there's also a guy on youtube with an authentic hlg 260 who gets over a lb of some plump dense nugs. Sounds like the chinese boards don't even hold a candle to hlg‍♂️

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice introduction....:love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I just ordered from Yuanhui. Kingbrite is out of stock on lm301h and said factory is closed do to corona virus.

first experience with ali baba and haven’t heard much about Yuanhui like I do kingbrite/meiju but here goes nothing!

11. Without links it didn’t happen.....

• Like Like x 2
  12. LOL, we all know China is full of "fake" stuff. they steal the plans from everyone else and make nearly the exact same thing for a fraction of the price. Sure Samsung doesnt sell directly to Meiju or Kingbrite, but they do a large amount of production in China. Most those Alibaba suppliers have employees that work in the production plants or know people that do. Im willing to bet they take the same parts, "which are aquired in China mind you", make their own lights, and sell them for a bargain. They cut the middle man out.

Ive been running Meiju lights for over a year now with great results. Haters gonna hate, ill keep the extra money in my pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Check out my fake lights. Those are 3 autos .

Oh, and I havent turned the light off since I hooked it up last January. All diodes are still working. IMG_20200217_060906_078.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. no money, thats what I would have left :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I use Kingbright and take them for what they are. I believe the are samsung led, They work to well not to be. For 1/3 the price and the in my opinion the same quality why not give them a shot. What makes you think that HLG doesn't just get there lights made at some china factory and have there name put on it. don't you watch shark tank

• Like Like x 2
  16. i know that if i bought mine from hlg that was stamped with hlg in china and i have a problem hlg is going to make that problem right without hassle. i can not say as much with one bought feom alibaba!!!

• Like Like x 3
  17. The way I look at it, it's a question of value. For me, the HLG warranty doesn't add enough value to the deal. For the sake of discussion, I'll assume HLG's warranty service is rock solid, and that Kingbrite has no warranty at all.

PCBs and heatsinks are not things that will break unless I do something very silly. Even if I do manage to vaporize a trace on the PCB, I could fix it. It's not a big deal. So that leaves diodes and power supplies.

If I buy an HLG 320 watt XL V2 R-Spec, it costs me $485.
    If I buy an HLG 320 watt XL QB648, it costs me $635.
    If I buy a Kingbrite copy with LM301B and Epistar 660nm, it costs me $230.

Note: I chose 301B because I've been lead to believe they and their 301H counterparts are the same things.

If the Mean Well HLG-320-48B dies, I can replace it for just shy of $100, after I factor in shipping from Sager.

If an LM301B dies, I can get 10 LM301B shipped from Digikey for between $9 and $13, depending on whether I choose USPS, or UPS ground.

If I couldn't solder, I could still replace 4 whole PCBAs for $138. But with the help of Youtube, learning to solder is easy these days, and it was never that difficult to begin with.

Basically, when buying the Kingbrite kit, I gamble that I won't have to replace the power supply more than twice before the warranty period for the HLG R-Spec would have tolled. My experience with Mean Well PSUs tells me the odds are in favor of the Kingbrite option being a significant savings.

And I would never buy the HLG QB648 for $635 in any case. If I'm spending that kind of money for 300 watts, I'm probably getting an Electric Sky 300 V2—something I think has a chance of actually being superior to the HLGs and their copies.

18. Except HLG uses top bin diodes, which I highly doubt china boards do. IDK about you, but my crop is worth much much more than the $100 I could save on a light, and since a light will serve me for many many (many) grows, those extra dollars are negligible in the long run, especially if you consider they will most likely produce more product (or use less electricity, saving $$) in the end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Lol $100, I saved closer to $1000 per light.

Do you think the plant can tell a difference between the two lights if its literally getting the same amount of DLI's @ the same spectrum?

Here's to 12,360 hours of continual use and not a single problem. I've left this light on for almost a year and a half now.

20200601_203013.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3