Buying Fake Samsung Grow lights from Alibaba

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Headhunterpipes, Oct 1, 2019.

1. I saw that too...He is probably a MARS light owner and DREAMS of growing some danky,greasey, gassy and terped out FLOWER!! so he resorts to bashing LED companies. The yen is undervalued so They make money by volume and are satisfied with far less than SPOILED Americans will...So I capitalize on those savings and have found absolutely ZERO differance from Kingbrite lights and a $1599 light from Spectrum King...I mean ZERO!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. If King brite or Alibaba is really using Samsung Diodes then Everyone owning a King brite or Alibaba Samsung Grow light has a Law suit they can file with Samsung .
    And I would think Alibaba would be the first in line to file a suit .

On the other hand If Alibaba or King brite are actually selling fake products then you should be able to sue Alibaba and King brite ..
    Problem being is the Chinese economy depends on Alibaba's sales , and it seems close to impossible to sue them and impossible to get Alibaba to stop selling fake products ..

Everyone who has bought a King Brite Light seems to really like them .

But there is a ton of facts that can make one very much dought that Alibaba or king bright is actually using Samsung boards …….

The Dream is to grow weed …… and to do that cheaper then buying weed and also get quality weed .
    Not whos lights you use or what technic you use or whos nutrients you are using .

There are those who are in the MJ business to make money ,, and us growers are a easy targets because most of us have no idea about indoor growing equipment .

Everyone should buy smart ,,, Learning about LED lighting isn't 15 minutes of reading and know everything about the required lighting needed to grow some kick ass weed .

Buy what ever light you want ,, but buy wisely ,, do your research ,, on the lights and if the company has a good reputation for being honest and not misleading their customers .

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I just like to keep my money in the US instead of feeding China’s economy. I overpay slightly for things in my hometown to support local business as well. Plus the warranty and customer service with HLG is great. And I KNOW the real specs and diodes, even have conversions for lux to ppfd so I can be sure I’m getting the best coverage possible. Every light I’ve built with HLG components has cost about $.80 to $1 per watt, which is cheaper or the same price as the knockoffs from alibaba.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The box I received my leds in was obviously the box they get there deliveries in.

7F2DBCE4-2B2D-4EEA-893E-0F4ECEBF5A6D.jpeg

I’m pretty sure now everything apart from the diodes come from China and it’s just assembled in our respective countries.
    Up untill now Ive always been weary and negative towards Chinese brands but there’s a lot of people using them now and with time we’ll see more and more results.
    I think I will try Ali baba for my next purchase too.

Knock of or fake, whatever it is, will it make much of a difference to us. The small timer growing in a tent!? :/

5. Lol just gets you all fired up.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Above is posted the PROOF that Kingbrite uses OFFICIAL Samsung diodes Phone number and name is attached so if you feel obliged to call and double check PLEASE do so. This is for people who are SLANDERING and defaming China for its products sold to USA and ALLEGEDLY FRAUDING the American people and want you to spend 1000's of dollars for a light thats only jacked up 350% to line the corps, pockets while US growers who are just attempting to CULTIVATE the best medicine for ourselves and they try to enrich themselves MASSIVELY for a freaking LED light. That costs maybe $75 to mnfr. and assemble. Because it may say made in the usa but it should read assembled because HLG gets ALL their products from OTHER coubntries and ASSEMBLE them here and clain MADE in usa Thats fraud it was assembled here NOT MADE HERE!! Thought that post claimed there was NO SAMSUNG IN CHINA? Call them and THEY IN FACT are a Samsung HQ in CHINA!! Good day and happy growing my friends!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Screenshot (24).png

8. Screenshot (24).png

10. Heres what Samsung sent me 10 minutes after MY PHONE call!!

Attached Files:

11. Calm down man. Everything’s gonna be alright. There were and probably still are some fakes coming from China. This was more common early in the qb game. They’ve been around for a few years now, and customers demand authenticity. Most companies are legit now because of it. I believe the company the person in your email meant to name is Fo-Top. Their in Shenzhen, the led capitol of the world. Their Fotop 800 was one of the first alibaba lights to order.

Some people prefer to support US companies rather than China. HLG provides a warranty, has great customer service, and unless buying a pre assembled light, really don’t cost much more than the alibaba lights with shipping.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. No its TO-TOP Guandong, China But I am calm but just HATE when people talk assumption and have NO FACTS or PROOF to back up Their egregious claims Good day and Kingbrite has good warranty as well. But I myself support USA as well but they are (a lot of times) taking serious advantages and overcharging by far and so I do not support my fellow Americans getting ripped off and overcharged for BASIC LIGHTING fixtures. Its just wrong!!

13. @Headhunterpipes spoke to Samsung as well, and they told him something different. Bottom line is, nobody will know unless they test efficacy of each light or we see a side by side comparison.

Here’s something a little concerning. A listing advertising LM301b diodes, but an efficacy of 180 lumens per watt. The LM561c diodes have an efficacy of 180 lumens per watt.

Wholesale Kingbrite 480W LED light grow strip samsung lm301b bar for 4'x4' indoor grow tent From m.alibaba.com

Samsung Achieves 220 Lumens per Watt with New Mid-Power LED Package

14. You sure it’s To-Top? I can’t find much on Alibaba from them. Tons from Fo-Top

15. Yeah until I see actual results, either from a side by side or from a test of the efficacy of china boards i'm always gonna assume they are not using top-bin or authentic diodes. Will they grow plants? Sure they will, but are they as good in quality as Euro/US built boards? Maybe but I highely doubt it. China made products have a reputation for a reason.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #57 Reo, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Mmmkay hlg originally ( might still) got their boards from Bava tech ( a Alibaba seller) because bava tech stated they had an nda agreement on not producing a particular 288 count board.

On the other hand I've personally gone through r2t via Alibaba for my 288 knock offs and are very happy with what I got. As for quality control there are minute issues like chips in the whate finish or a miss printed diode,

but ultimately hlg gone fucked themselves over, one, ordering from a Chinese manufacturer on a knock off market place two, never having boards in stock, and three, there mark up on the boards. I did the math in my "hlg, the supplier" thread and to my door a knock off board was about 65 dollars. A legitimate hlg boards was 125 dallars. Now they're buying bulk and probably getting that board to there warehouse for 25 a piece( plus what ever import taxes)

So for the tiniest cosmetic flaws I'm saving 60 a board. Even if they preform 90% of the true Samsung chipped boards its still a steal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. What facts do you wish to compare ?
    I have called Samsung several times, Samsung told me that no lighting company in china has a account with them .
    Which is a giant statement in a court room if the statement isn't true ..
    Alibaba ,king brite and everyone owning a true Samsung board bought from Alibaba or king brite Light woyuld have a law suit .
    I have bought from Alibaba and got fake or knock of products .
    I have looked up Alibaba history of selling fake products which Alibaba is the king of selling fake or knock off products .
    I called Horticulture lighting group to understand how I can tell the difference from a Samsung diode to some of these knock off diodes .
    That's when HLG told me that they cant buy the parts as cheap as Alibaba sales their assembled boards for which should be a red flag to anyone buying from them and expects a name brand product .
    I have bought just the Samsung diodes so I know what a genuine Samsung diode should look like .
    And straight off the top Samsung isn't going to use their competitors Diodes in a Samsung board like some of the boards sold on Alibaba and king brite thatr have Samsung diodes and cree/cob diodes in a so called Samsung board .
    That will never happen by either company ..

To me ,,, I have done a fair share of researching Alibaba business practices , including buying from them years ago and got fake crap in that transaction ..

What is beyond me is why buy from any company that has the worst `reputation in the world for selling fake products when you can buy from a authorized Samsung distributor for the same price ?

I dont care who buys their lights from whom ever ,, but I don't think any grower needs to be lied to over any of the grow equipment we buy ...

148,315 viewsNov 4, 2015, 08:15am
    [​IMG]

Chad Ingram/Redux

Why Alibaba's Massive Counterfeit Problem Will Never Be Solved

[​IMG]
    Michael Schuman
    Former Contributor
    Tech
    I write about business in Asia.
    This article is more than 2 years old.
    This story appears in the November 23, 2015 issue of Forbes.

The world's biggest online retailer courses with an unprecedented torrent of counterfeit and sham goods, and neither the big brands, the Chinese government nor U.S. pressure can do much about it. Jack Ma, the most powerful businessman in Asia, can. But shutting down the fakes would undermine his Alibaba empire.

Be warned: Jack Ma, the man who oversees the world's largest online retailer and whom Forbes ranks as the 22nd most powerful person in the world, really doesn't like lawyers. Especially those attacking the very underpinnings of the $200 billion empire he's built. As rail-thin as ever, Ma almost leaps off the sofa in his Hangzhou office when talking about the fancy New York attorneys who have sued him for trademark infringement and trafficking in counterfeits on behalf of their client, Kering , the French luxury goods conglomerate that owns Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent. There's no chance, he insists, of settling.

"I would [rather] lose the case, lose the money," says Ma. "But we would gain our dignity and respect."

That is true if he means respect in the eyes of the hundreds of thousands of small Chinese entrepreneurs who've made a living on Alibaba's online bazaar, called Taobao. To Ma, whose Chinese retail sites handle five times the volume of eBay--last year $394 billion of, well, everything--these sellers are his lifeblood. To the sellers Ma is a hero of capitalism, offering them a path to the middle class. In the center of this social compact, however, is an unacknowledged truth: The Alibaba juggernaut has been constructed to a significant degree on illegal, counterfeit products.

Today In: Tech
    The scale of the fakery is enormous--at any given time Taobao offers millions of suspect goods for sale, from handbags to auto parts, sportswear to jewelry. When Forbes searched for listings on Taobao with the word "Gucci" and set the preferred price range under 300 yuan, or less than $50, well below the price of real Gucci products, 30,000 results popped up. The sellers of 4 of the items on the first page confirmed in online chatting that they hire factories to produce these wares using the original design. A large number of the rest are of designs similar to those of Gucci products, with slight alterations, such as the replacement of the letter "G" in a handbag's pattern with "D."

NetNames, a firm that helps brands fight online counterfeits, says that its clients believe as much as 80% of the merchandise sold as theirs on Taobao is fake. That's backed up by Dan McKinnon, head of global brand protection at sneakermaker New Balance. Since the Boston company has no authorized dealers on Taobao, McKinnon figures that at least 80% of the supposed New Balance products sold over the site are counterfeit or suspicious. Alibaba, for its part, won't hazard an estimate.

18. Well why have I been watching and viewing ALL electronic devices in my house with qbs from CHINA in my PHONES,TVS,IPADS and COMPUTERS not as good as qbs made from HLG? Are you an idiot? Dude HLG got their board originally FROM CHINA and HLG DIDNT MAKE THE BOARDS they merely promoted them. For you to state Alibaba makes fakes is FACTUAL but not so much in ELECTRONICS but in items like handbags, perfumes and etc. China makes things cheaper because people work lot harder and smarter than Americans and dont FEEL entitled to make TONS of money like HLG does for their Samsung boards. WHY DO YOU THINK APPLE AND HONDA etc...All go to CHINA for production? Because they do it for less? Why do NISSAN<SUZUKI<HONDA< and shit any car NOT made in the USA in the MILLION MILE CLUB? For you to state that boards made in usa are better the one made in China is absurd!! All of my tvs have lasted for 10 years and now you say that a flipping light for growing cannabis is somehow fraudulent? Dude your not THINKING CORRECTLY! But go on PAYING WAY TO MUCH for things that can be purchased for FAR LESS. Thats your right and you have NO FACTS to base your claims on FAKE SAMSUNG QBS!! Spend more time on LEARNING to cultivate since we are lucky to be allowed to in this great era! Good day and Let us with FAKE SAMSUMG QBS continue to crush it in the cultivar culture. And take thgose extra dollars to have for a better lifestyle and for our families and not LINE the pockets of those who SIMPLY STOLE the idea from CHINA in the first place HLG USED BABA in 2016,2017 So get your facts straight now they got their own board and put HLG on it Just like Alibaba offers. I could name others that have DONE the same (optic 1) but thats another post! lol...Good day and HAPPY GROWING to all!!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Yes handbags and such have been knocled off, but can you name one time where they claimed that a FUNCTIONING or a performance based item was created and sold as a geniune? No you can't because they sell handbagse that have a logo on it and charge 10000's of dollars well one could state that its not a fake handbag but its a real handbag and it works same material as the GUCCI but just doesnt have the GUUCI permission it still performs the same just like ALL CLOTHING and or toys n stuff. BUT A LIGHT? Come one man its not that complex its a freeking light. Chinese make 99% of ALL electronics components but GOD FORBID they make a quality LED LIGHT?? dude thats a moronic comparison. China has ALWAYS DONE IT CHEAPER and BETTER . They don't bring their feeling and victim sense and poor me to work. They are way better at working than the ever complaining and pc culture Americans that we are today> So keep fattening up the wallets of your AMERICAN BUDDIES (that are raping your wallet for the exact same item) and call yourself a PATRIOT. While THOSE PATRIOTS started sourcing their ITEMS from CHINA in the first place...LMFAO!!!