Buying Equipment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SpikyOrb, Oct 27, 2002.

1. It would help if you live in Liverpool for this one but anywhere in england will do.

Ive just started growing some crop and im currently using a table and a spot lamp in conjunction with a 100w light that is ment to be used outside for when someone's walking up ur drive (i know what i mean).
    The problem is i was reading a growers guide i got and it said that it will grow with low wattage lights but for best results use a 400w white strip light or a twist strip light.
    I was wondering if somone could tell me the best light to use when they are young and where i can get it from?
    Ps. Is it true police helicopters can detect the special lights used for growing pot?
    luv Spiky

2. not from Liverpool...not even in England....way up here in the cold of Scotland..lol....the security light that you're talking about is probably a halogen bulb...no use for growing weed, for the veg stage a Meta Halide would be a good idea and then a High Pressure Sodium light for flowering...or you could just do the whole process under the HPS...how many plants are you planning on growing?....400w would be sufficient for approx 4 plants, like the set-up i have....this grow i'm gonna go with the MH and the HPS to supply a better spectrum of light.....hopefully speeding up the process and getting better buds....Peace out....Sid

3. Cheers man, ive only got a few plants at the min and i didnt grow them the way the guide says so im gonna sell them on and start again, my dealer says i can have his white widdow seeds *GRINS*. Thanks for the help dude.

4. no problem...Peace out...Sid