buying equipment in Australia

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by usulusul, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Hi,
    I'm pretty set on led set up and trying to work out best led light and cheapest for a 2.4mx1.20m (4 foot x 8 foot approx) tent. I figured i could have 4 planets in there? Ive been looking at cheaper types of lights even 3000watts for $100 but not sure about that, I've read heaps of reviews. Any pointers would be great on what i should buy.

2. looks a bit complicated, also i am on a cheap budget.

3. "I figured i could have 4 planets in there?". Planets?!? What you got, a couple of Pluto's & a Venus? :p You're clearly not smoking enough weed my friend!!

4. There on eBay. I've used them a few times.

5. Holy crap you’re gonna need a big tent for that. Even if you were to figure Pluto which really isn’t a planet and mercury and the next two biggest planets, well, I’m just not sure if you’re going to find a tent that big.

I never really understood the whole tent thing. Could you just use the space you have and not put a tent?

J

6. Your light is the most important purchase and the one you don't cheap out on. Horticulture Lighting Group.

7. I got you !

Here is a 250$ quantum board. People will talk shit and say they are garbage and that HLG is way better. The only difference I've noticed is price and branding. I've got two of these Meiju boards, one of which has been on for the last year and 4 months no issues.

Two of these and you're 4x8 is covered.

Wholesale Meijiu Samsung lm301b Board 288v2 HLG 550V2 Led Grow Light for Veg and Bloom, Indoor Growing System In USA 480w From m.alibaba.com

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  8. Two 600w hps bulbs aircooled
    One 315w cmh bulb
    1515 total watts seems to cover a 4×8 well using hid. Two hoods wasn't enough spread.
    Day 1 bloom.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. so would two big plants be better? Planets...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. i don't really need a tent its just easy and they pretty cheap plus I can use it as i want to grow mushrooms as well at some point

• Like Like x 1
  11. not
    sure i can afford those bad boys

12. not sure i meant yeah I'm thinking like $300 for the space

13. You could spend a little less initially by going HPS/MH. However, you will spend more $ on bulbs and electricity in the long run. The link I sent you is going to be your bottom dollar for a light that can actually handle an area that large in an efficient manner.

are you growing Photos or Autos?

If your budget is that tight for that large of a space I would almost say use half for now and add on later.

BUT, if you set up a little perpetual grow, you could get away with less light in that large of an area.

run one of the lights I linked over one half of the tent, get some cheapo T5s over the other half.

use the T5 lower intensity half of the tent for veg, and move the plants under the quantumn board for flowering.

This would apply to Autos, unless you are running your photos 12/12 from the beginning SOG style.

• Like Like x 1
  14. i bought some feminised seeds so hope they will be ok is that what u mean? Sorry im a bit out of my deptH! Not sure what SOG style is and what's T5's? Your right i could use a smaller space io just want to grow two to start or what could I fit in the space i have?

15. are they photo-period or auto-flowering plants?

T5s are a style of light. They are those long tube lights you can get cheap as hell. SOG is sea of green. I had a friend back in the day (before auto flowers were really a thing) who would pack his grow space full of plants, like 1 plant per sq foot. He would literally run them 12/12 start to finish so that they would get to harvest as quickly as possible.

Take it from me, theres not reason to rush into a grow if your under a realistic budget for a grow of that size. I tried the same in my 4x6 space with two cheap ass ebay "1000W" blurples and the results where garbage.
    Buy one of those lights I linked you and I promise you wont be disappointed. It will cover 5x4 of your tent and you can run some cheap T5s in the other 3x4 space for younger plants.

• Like Like x 1
  16. those are blurples, they suck. Here is a link to the supplier page, check out the other lighting options.

Ready to ship, Ready to ship direct from Shenzhen Meijiu Lighting Co., Ltd. in CN

• Like Like x 1
  17. get quantum boards. the blurple lights are old tech and the BP light doesn't use the lm301b chips which are very efficient.
    I have got over 1.3 grams per watt every time since i started using the HLG 288 v2 in a 30'' x 30'' space.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1