Buying clones from the dispensary

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by used2ths, Aug 24, 2020.

1. I’m lucky enough to be near a highly trusted dispensary for cloning but I’m not sure how I care for them once I get them back home.

Some questions;
    Do they need to be transplanted immediately when I get them to my tent?

How much light should they get? I have 4, 260 Watt qbs

Can I transplant them to a different kind of soil then they’re already in?

Will they be ok in the car for an hour ? There’s about 35 - 45% humidity where I am.

Any answers are HIGHLY appreciated. Thankyou guys.

2. I would transplant them as soon as you can so they can adjust to your soil as soon as possible.

I would think one 260 watts light would be enough about 25-30 inches above plants start lights high then bring down over time so you give them time to adjust. If you see them stretching in the first week or two then lower a little right away.
    Yes you can transplant into different kind of soil.
    Prep for the car ride. I would bring a box or tote along with something to stuff around the clones as well so they wont tip over. The box or tote will stop any wind from damaging them no need for a lid.I would put on floor and wedge it so it can not slide around.
    I answered in the order you asked. Any other questions feel free to ask.

3. I would STRONGLY suggest passing on these clones .
    Unless there actually grown from the dispo personally from a know good strand.
    Just do it correctly the first time . Buy some seeds and odds are you will have some quality genetics
    Problem is LOT of dispo are actually buying clones and reselling them.
    This leaves the door open to some total bull shit genetics.
    I have seen some that once it was harvested and totally dry lol..... ( you could not light the bud !)
    really it was that bad. For get about it having any thc .

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’m out in Colorado near Kind Love. It’s highly recommended for clones but now you have me wondering

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for your help, that helps a ton. Have you ever heard of kind love dispensary ?

6. You are welcome. I know it is in Denver but never been there.

7. I started off buying clones and im seed only now , reason why ? they always had pest or powder mildew , gnats or sometimes all 3 . Battling those issues along with the clean up from powder mildew that can stay alive for long times with no plants in the tent .... just isnt worth the hassle

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The best clones are the clones of your own. I agree with pat at the beach. The two times I brought in clones not from my own I got thrips, PM and gnats. My number one rule for my indoor grow is no plants ever going in only going out. Now I will say clones would be ok for a outdoor grow, with outdoor there is predator bugs to fight for you but inside is a no no meaning high risk no predators to help you. Just a thought I wish you the best no matter what you decide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have the clones in my back seat driving home as I’m writing this.. I’m gonna post some close up pics when I get back to the tent. Hopefully there looking ok, thanks for the feedback

10. Before putting in your grow room. Take to a place with good lighting then look very close on top and under the leafs for and bugs. If you can please post clear close pic of the leafs. Congrats on your new girls.

11. My first grow were clones from the club. The soil was pretty saturated and it wasn't the smoothest transplant so I would put it outside away from any other plants and let it dry out. Dont go crazy w nutes right off the bat, your more likely to experience problems than growth. Also, remember you can flower clones whenever you want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. This looks scary but I’m really not sure what it means. What is this ? Also,

what size pots should I transplant into? I have fox farm ocean floor. Should I add nutrients in at all? I have Gaia greens 284 and 444.

Has this plant been topped or trained ? Should I top or train them ?

Attached Files:

13. What size is your tent?
    Do you plan to flower all at the same time?
    Do not add nutes if your using fresh FFO soil.

14. 5x5 and yes I plan on flowering them all at once.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 5gallon for the win. This is my 5x5 with six plants four in five gallon two in ten gallon. All should of been in five but wanted to test the two strains to see if there was going to be any differences. 20200821_221359.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Theyre looking solid, hopefully mine reach the same point.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You will be good man I got faith in ya. 5 gallon with FFO you will not need nutes for a month just water when pots feel empty and Cal/mag once a week. After transplant and that first water you should not need water for about a week best to lift pot by one side and feel the weight. Keep in touch take care.

18. What did you transplant into? What’s your process for transplanting clones ?

19. Not all dispo are the same .
    Here in detroit Mi there is a LOT of ghetto weed.
    That place your talking about has great reviews they may be good to go.
    If there selling those clones over 15 bucks each might as well buy some seeds .
    I can suggest some quality seeds for much less .
    Look at this breeder.
    There cheap 5 bucks per seed quality is 7/10 i have done many from them.
    The northern lights was excellent old school.
    After you smoke it trust me you will see the northern lights .

https://kcbrains.com/product-category/cannabis-seeds/feminised-seeds/page/2/?cn-reloaded=1

• Like Like x 2
  20. I ended up grabbing the clones, id appreciate it if you could give me some feedback on them, if you scroll up a little bit i posted a bunch of pics.

I do have another 5x5 though im strictly going to be using seeds in. Most likely autos but ill check out that site, $5 is a steal.