Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buying bud: Mids-Dank

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sure, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Alright I got some questions for the vets. I'm still really new to the herb, I've only bought a few times. Most recently since I've moved to a new suburb I've picked up a dub and then two eighths called "headband" for 60 a piece (I don't know how legit the name was), I think I smoked some good shizz but I really don't know... hahaha . Like how am I supposed to distinguish? The simple rules that I know if I'm getting dank is the smell, stickiness, and the greenish texture (light-green/crystallized) The last eighth I bought was so smelly it was almost a joke... You could smell it through the bag 20 feet away. It left me wondering if the guy might have been clever to spray the nuggies with some concentrated weed spray (if such thing even exists?idk:smoke:) because of how powerful it smelled. I'll try to go into detail h ere. The bud itself was good density, medium- green color(not too light or too dark) orange hairs and somewhat sticky. I got a pretty good high (But then again I've only smoked such amount of times I don't think I can distinguish what a "good high" is quite yet), a bowl left me ripped and extremely difficult to function and reason. TV/PC screen seemed as if it were spinning , I couldn't concentrate straight ahead, every once in a while my legs or arms would tweak............. I was very awkward and subconsciously thought of the deepest, stupidest things you can think of from out of nowhere. The high lasted at peak for an hour and in total for about 2 hours until I had to utterly crash at how tired I got, it was unavoidable- my vision got blurry and so tired. Did this sound like some dank or anything lower grade? I'm considering getting half an oz of mids for 75. Is it all that different from what I've been smoking? What have I been smoking?
    Here's a pic of the last eighth I picked up [​IMG]

Sorry for the bad quality pic, all answers greatly appreciated!

2. Looks like mids. Definitely not the "headband" you said you bought. I've seen worse, but I've seen way, way better.

In my experience, mids smell more like weed than anything. Once you get into dank, it starts tasting/smelling pretty good and less like the odor given off by what you're smoking.

You just have a low tolerance so you got too high (I'm assuming, you didn't sound too enthusiastic about the high) from the mids.

I really don't know what you're asking, but hopefully this helped

3. It sounds like you have had some good bud from your last 8th. Just keep picking up bags and you will start being able to tell easier as you go.

That pictures looks like some pretty good mids. Your high also matches up with that bud. I say go with the half if it's the same shizz.

Hope I helped!

4. I would never buy that from a dispencery!looks crumbley to me

5. You cannot tell what strain weed is by looking at it. Usually names mean nothing when buying from the street or unless you know for sure (it's right from the grower, or the guy you buy from gets from the grower)

The amount of trichromes (the little crystally dots all over, shine it under a light and inspect it) is most important. These are the little dudes that get you high.

You cannot work off smell, I've seen shit bud that smells great, and dank bud that has no smell (Master Kush). Master Kush is a very, non-smelly strain.