Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buying at a Dispensary

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Deleted member 616232, Jun 24, 2013.

1. #1 Deleted member 616232, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
    We have 2 of them in my little town. One of them is a Co-op. I am not sure exactly what that means. It only costs $10 to join. When you go in there, they have a black board with about 12 different strains written on it. Once you join the co-op, you can buy for $5 a gram. The problem is you don't know what you're getting. It could be anything on that black board or a mixture of several strains on the board. All the strains written down there are good ones, I just can't remember right now. I know Chronic, Purple something, White Widow OG Kush, Pineapple Kush, are the ones I remember right now.If you get the right person, and it's not real busy in there, they will pick your bag apart and tell you which strains are which. I can identify some of them, White Widow and OG Kush.

The other place has different prices for their mids and top shelf. The top shelf stuff is $10 a gram. I went in and bought 3 different strains OG Kush, Blue Dream, and something I had never heard of but he said it's good for pain. It was Hindu something or other.

I normally don't even buy from these places. I had a grower and he kept me well supplied. When  he decided to stop growing, I managed to acquire all of his last entire harvest. I get sick of having the same thing all the time though, so I go to the dispensaries to buy a few grams of this and that.

My question is, if you had a choice between $5 a gram and not knowing for sure which strain it was, or
    paying $10 a gram and picking your strain, which would you do.

I ended up buying 10 grams of the $5 stuff and it's really good. I can pick out a lot of OG Kush in it. There was some purple in it too, but I can't remember the name it was on the board. purple weed looks so weird though, it's hard to miss.

2. I'd rather pay 5 a G.

3. #3 Deleted member 616232, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
    I like being able to say I have horrible insomnia. I want something that will really knock me out. Then they recommend what they thinks works good for insomnia.

The other place, you just get what you get. Sometimes their weed hipes me up instead of making me sleepy,

4. #4 AuhMayZing, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    I wouldn't mind paying for random strain(s) for half price.

however, I would have to know that I am at least getting an indica for my insomnia. 

5. Anyone every heard of a strain with the word HIndu in it? 

It's supposed to really knock me out but I don't think it's any different from any of the others.

6. I'd pay 5 a g.  Fuck whatever name they call it if it looks good.

7. I tend to agree. to me, weed is weed. I either get off or I don't.

I really would like to find something that would put me to sleep though. What works best for that is edibles but it messes up my tolerance for the rest of the time, when I do that.

8. Hindu Kush is supposed to be good for sleeping. I'd go with the $5 dollar stuff but I don't have any real medical issues for it to solve so i'm just thinking of the best value.

9. I would buy the $5 a g stuff for daily toking and have a stash of $10 g bud to knock you out at nights. Thats what I'd do, but hell I live in a non-medico state so quit yo bitchin'  :ey:

10. #11 Deleted member 616232, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    Oh believe me, I am not bitching at all. I am mostly just curious if all these strains really make any difference at all. Each grower around here says their strain is the best. That's why I went to the dispensary, to find something they said would make me sleep. They recommended the Hindu Kush, but like I said, to me it' s no different from the cheaper stuff.

11. Get a mean indica it'll put you right to sleep. I can't believe there is a dispensary that doesn't let you pick your strain. Wtf kind of shit is that?

12. my local shop has the same thing, so i just buy some extra when they have a good batch

13. Ive never heard of that.sounds unproffesional.if its a medical collective you should be able to pick what strain you want depending on the ailment you have

14. I'm going to go in there and just chat with the girls. I am not exactly sure how a co-op works. It seems ridiculous to just dump all the  buds together all mixed up,  and when someone comes in, grab a handful (depending on how many grams they want)

maybe someone around here can explain how a co-op works. The weed looks like salad, lol. a little of this, a little of that, all different colors.

15. Have you ever asked them why they do it that way, or do you know why they do it that way?

16. A co-operative (co-op) is a group of people who are growing for instance all different types of foods and selling at the same place and sharing the profits. This is usually in a small to medium sized town.

In your case it seems a bunch of growers have gotten together and are selling together, which sounds awesome!

I would be inclined to support the co-op but there's nothing stopping you from buying from both, especially if they have different strains

17. Hindu kush maybe?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #19 Deleted member 616232, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    Hindu Kush, must be the one I bought at the other dispensary. They wrote on the bag with a sharpie and it came off and all I could make out was Hindu and I could see and H at the end but the kush was all smeared.

Couldn't they all sell together  like that and still separate it out? I am going to go down there and find more out. I know there was at least 12 strains written down that they said could be in "the mix"

I wonder how many  growers  are growing several strains.

19. They could share it out but you're missing the point

A co-op is to communism, as an individual shop is to capitalism