Buying a vape tonight, SSV or DHV? HELP.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by DankMedical, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Alright so if not tonight in the next few days I'm going to purchase a vape, and it's come down to a Silver surfer or a Da Buddha, I can't decide and I've done plenty of research.

Amazon.com: Black Da Buddha Vaporizer DBV Herbal Vaporizer: Everything Else
    Da buddha, made in china, $170

Silver Surfer Vaporizer Rainbow Zen
    Custom american vape Silver Surfer, $300.

Silver surfer comes with 3 year warranty, and you can buy 10 year for $100.

Money is not a problem for me, so I'm just looking for the better vape all around.

- Side ? You can buy a visa card and put cash on it to purchase things online right?

2. The ssv is better. But the dbv has the same heating unit as the ssv so they're almost the same.

3. vaporbros.

4. Both are great vapes. I personally would take the DBV over the SSV for $130 less. Have you ever considered the Extreme Q?

5. As far as I know they are owned by the same company. The only real difference I saw when I researched them was the ssv was on a slant and you had to hold the wand to the unite and the buddha was straight up and down and the wand locked into place so it was more hands free.

I plan on getting the Buddha cause I like that the wand locks into place. But that might. It really matter to you.

6. [quote name='"Stoniecat"']As far as I know they are owned by the same company. The only real difference I saw when I researched them was the ssv was on a slant and you had to hold the wand to the unite and the buddha was straight up and down and the wand locked into place so it was more hands free.

I plan on getting the Buddha cause I like that the wand locks into place. But that might not really matter to you.[/quote]
    Stupid iPod keyboard.

7. 7th Floor (people that make DBV and SSV) will randomly sell their vaporizers on eBay that have "manufacturer defects".

I bought a SSV from them last year for $209. The "manufacturer defect" is that the mouthpiece (made of glass) is cracked on the inside. At first I was a little bit nervous that it was going to break, but after a year of use it is completely fine (I could have just bought a new one from their website anyway).

The actual vaporizer and everything else works completely fine. For the $209 I got the vape, the hemp bag container (really good quality), mouthpiece (slightly cracked as mentioned), hose, wand, stir stick, and screens.

One of the best purchasing decisions I have made.

Link to their eBay page here: http://myworld.ebay.com/7thfloorsales Doesn't look like they have anything for sale right now, but may be worth the wait.

8. DBV. I just like the way it sets up better than the ssv

9. DBV....you will get just as high...great quality and you save $130 bucks for herbs to load it with.

10. They're pretty much the same, made by the same company. The major difference is DBV has some metal parts in the heating mechanism as opposed to all ceramic/glass parts like the SSV. Also, the SSV is more pleasing to the eye and I think you can pick different colors instead of just black/silver with DBV but I'm not positive..

All that being said, I went with DBV and I've used a friend's SSV as well and I didn't notice a difference at all, DBV is incredibly smooth and efficient if you keep it at the right temp. If you have the money and you want the best of the two, go with SSV but if you're going to start spending that much money maybe you should look at volcano, etc. I love my DBV though! Best for the money IMO

11. after owning both i say go with DBV.

12. the two you mentioned are basically the same thing. dbv is cheaper tho so get that.

13. i would have to say the ssv. i currently own one and have vaped out of a dbv before and i get wayyy thicker clouds from my ssv. i also love mine because it has interchangeable all glass parts that are very easy to clean and just make the piece look better

14. SSV is more aesthetically pleasing imo and I think the hardware on it might hold up better as I have had a bunch of problems with the DBV but I haven't owned an SSV so I couldn't report similar complaints. I think the quality of the vapor is probably similar between the two of them given their similarities in certain components.

I would go with the SSV but people do have a point about the price difference. Maybe you wanna go DBV and maybe save up to eventually get a really high end unit if you desire one eventually

15. I got ssv because it is tilted down rather than 180 / flat.

I also wanted custom colours and other things. GO BALLS DEEP

Also ensure you order from them or an AUTHORIZED dealer so that warranty is valid.

16. Idk if anyone answered your Visa question, but yes you can load it and purchase things online.

17. #18 El Topo, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
    I just got my Da Buddha today and I'm more than satisfied. Most of the Silver Surfer's advantages seem to be aesthetic. A couple of practical advantages, versatility between Standard or Ground Glass, and the wand can be connected on a upward slant so spillage is less likely, the DBV connects at a 90 degree angle, but it works great too. But the DBV isn't a inferior product, it's more than capable, same heating element, metal housing except for the base but its still rock solid, but don't take my word for it, watch this...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqRp_JxFPgI]da buddha durability test #2 - YouTube[/ame]
    You say money isn't an issue so maybe you'd want to go ahead and spoil yourself and build a custom and unique vape, I wish I could but the simple black of the DBV is good enough for me. The DBV can be found for about $160-180 and a basic SSV for $220-240. But if you're going all out, you're gonna spend north of $300.

Personally I'd save the money and go buy some bud, or 4pc grinder, or save up for a nice bong so you can take Vape-Bong hits.

Definitely, I do all my online shopping with prepaid debit cards. I don't trust banks with my money. I also don't buy anything on credit(because that's debt slavery).

Maybe a decade ago.:p

18. Never used a DBV but I own an SSV that I'm I'm love with and to solve the hands free problem you can buy an attachment or get the ground glass heater cover highly recommend it

19. As people have said, they're similar. I own and love my SSV so you couldn't go wrong with either. If the slant and extra options are worth the money to you, go for the ssv. You won't be dissapointed.