Buying a seasonal campsite next year??

Discussion in 'General' started by drumdude, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Hey guys, I've been thinking lately about possibly investing in a camper and getting a seasonal campsite somewhere nice to escape to, possibly for the entire summer if I got a job where I go.

Other than the cost of the camper and the campground fees, what do I need to worry about paying for financially? If I decided to live their for a summer I would need all of the little necessities that I would need if I got an apartment, except I'd be all set with furnishings.

I think if I work hard enough and work enough hours I'll be able to afford this next year, and a season usually lasts from april/may-october so if I decided to go to somewhere far away but really nice I could live there for that time and get a job and have my own place that I own while all the rent (campground fees) are paid for. seems like a great idea to me, i can toke without worrying about anyone else and the price is very reasonable if I got a decently prices used camper.

2. I'm Ron Burgundy?

3. Check the parks rule.

I know in Parks in this province, Park Wardens and Rangers are pretty much worse than cops. They'll kick you out for even remote problems. They enforce drinking and drug laws to the letter and really have nothing better to do than harass people.

Be careful, and make sure you do all your research.

Other than that, I think your good. Obviously you'll need to worry about things like food and transportation and all that, but you probably already know that.

I hope it works out, it sounds like fun.

4. I'm thinking about going to the same place that my friend goes and has a site at. They're really chill there. It's around $1,500 a season to stay there and that includes the utilities. Not bad for 6 months, that's only $250 a month as far as thinking about the cost of "rent."

It seems like a smart idea for me to spend some money on this, I hope to someday turn something like this into a good little summer home/weekend escape spot. So I figure the younger I am when I buy one the better, then I can work on getting all the little things needed to make it a great place to escape to and it will be especially nice when I get older and can enjoy it.

5. it is a wonderful idea...go for it for sure ;)