Buying a scale

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ohbear64, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Damn good deal there. Buy it asap

2. My friend actually has the exact same scale and it works like a charm! Its easy to use and is pretty percise without all the number jumping like some other low end scales do. Plus thats a cheap price for that scale, so get it!! :smoke:

3. Why do you feel like that though, because what, grams look small or something?
    I mean you have the right idea in getting a scale, but generally speaking I've known a lot of people who just think it looks "small" without any real basis to go on...I mean without a scale, it's interesting to think you're getting ripped off.

Those scales look ok, you can get better ones though.

4. i own that one it is really good i recomend it!

5. That's what some people use scales for. You're going in circles.

OP grow your own for ~$10 an ounce and fuck a scale :smoking:

6. Thanks for the replies everybody, looks like I'll be buying it.

7. I had the same one for 2 years I loved it!

8. No I'm not.
    Yes, that is what people use scales for.
    I'm just saying "thinking you got ripped off" without any basis on even knowing what "ripped off" would really mean...isn't really something anyone would be able to do.
    Some people I've known always thought that $20-$50 worth of weed or whatever, ought to look a hell of a lot bigger than it does...though when you've scaled it before you actually know - I think the majority of people thinking they got shorted just haven't ever looked at a scale, such as the OP.

Of course, you can tell people that s gram is one of the smallest increments of measurement until the cows come home, only an actual scale will show them what they need to know.

This is why it's a good idea to buy a scale as soon as, or shortly before you start buying yourself weed - so that you can familiarise yourself with what something even looks like, before you say you even think you're getting ripped off.
    That's all I was saying.

9. Which is exactly why I'm buying a scale. I'm fairly new to this and the guy I know isn't all that close to me so I wouldn't be surprised if he was taking advantage of me by giving me less than he is supposed to, since he knows I am new and would think I wouldn't know a difference at all which is true. So I'm getting a scale just to make sure.

10. I have the same scale and so do a couple of my family Members. I highly recommend it and that's a good price. Got one for my brother in law for 9 dollars shipped on eBay last month.

If you need a legal place to store it in your house, put it in a jewelry box. If you don't have one, goto the dollar store for the legal hell of it. Trust me, keep it with the jewelry.

11. AWS is very high quality.

Have the model 55 and the 500. Both are great, accurate, and batteries have lasted 5 years with constant use.

55 model will weigh up to 55 grams at XX.XX and 500 (i believe is the model, one with white bowl) weighs up to 500 grams in XXX.X.

Both weigh in g's, os, ozt, and a couple other modes.

EDIT: Looks like your link is the updated 55 made to weigh at 100 grams now. Thats a great price. I paid 35 dollars for mine in 2007.