buying a safe

Discussion in 'General' started by dankly king, Jul 15, 2010.

1. I have a question, since we're on the topic of safes.

If you have a safe in your car and you put your bud and pipe into it and lock it and you get pulled over, what can the cop do about your safe?

I mean really, what can he do? He doesn't know what's in it. He can't open it because you can say you forgot the combo or that you aren't going to tell him. He can't take it out if you welded it to your car. And even if it is how is he going to open it?

Buy a no bullshit safe, the best lock you can, unpickable and unbreakable. They can't even open it.

Most likely they would give up and return it.

I just can't see anything going wrong with this. Seems like an foolproof way to hide your stuff if you're pulled over with something illegal

2. #3 overgrowray, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
    Looks good to me. I don't know shit about buying off ebay though.

Yeah I wouldn't spend over 150, there's a lot in that price range you should be happy with.

I got one kinda like this. It's lil shorter than the one your looking at, but it easily holds over a pound of green, pistol, and some personal papers/files.

Not sure what it cost though, I got it for christmas from my mom.

edit: oh and I got (well asked for) a really thick one because I wanted it to be fireproof as long as possible.

3. i was talkin inside my house, but that is a good idea

4. they would have to get a warrant

5. i think i can fit a good amount of weed in mine, i usially dont buy more than a Q, but the safe is also for money ect. so it should work

6. lol exactly dude. Theyd have to go to a judge and hope they give him a warrant to open a safe that they have no idea what's in it.

Even if they did, if you put some money into your safe they most likely couldn't break it

and then they're have to give you property damage reparations and detaining property cost to you. You might end up actually making money :D

7. I want a miniature Bank vault

8. If you just want it to keep somebody from finding your shit, then get one for like $40 at AC moore hardware., like this one.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyGhEIbZLUU]YouTube - Opening a safe with a potato![/ame]

Which is a piece of shit, and is only good to hide things in plane sight. It can literally be opened by a potatoe or tilting it at an angle.

It is cheap and kept people from going in it. But it can be busted open, or opened with a potatoe.

Actually the cops seized this safe before and couldnt/didnt open it and they returned it.

If you want one to keep things, actually safe from burglaries and what not. Spend atleast $60 and get something you can bolt down

9. Honeywell makes decent lock boxes that fit your price range, you might even be able to find a really good one for under $100.

10. If you had any idea on exactly how much this costs in the safe/vault industry, you probably wouldn't be recommending it. We're talking thousands of dollars here. Don't assume that any consumer-grade crap you find at your local hardware store or Walmart is going to come anywhere near a "no bullshit safe", because it won't.

Don't assume anything is "foolproof" without consulting legal counsel or local LEO first. Chances are if you've thought of this, "they" have too, and have written provisions into the laws to account for it. Chances are (IANAL) the standard PC "warrant" would allow for confiscation of a safe, or impounding your whole vehicle if it's mounted, especially if a drug dog hit on the safe. And remember that damn near anything you put in your car will be consumer-grade crap, so they will get it open, probably with ease. I doubt anyone is gonna mount 900 pounds of professional safe to the floorboards.

And you want to know the real kick to the nuts here? If the police had to exert any level of effort to obtain the contents of your safe because of your refusal to simply hand it over, chances are you would be slapped with an obstructing justice charge as well. Gotta really wonder if it's worth all that in the end, depending on your local MJ laws. This is why I suggest to consult legal counsel on this first. Having a safe could actually make things worse rather than protect you.

I don't assume or rely on a cop to simply "give up".

C'mon all you closet lawyers, back me up or call me a liar here...:D

11. I doubt a cop is going to have to do much convincing here, remember they had PC on you in the first place to obtain the first search warrant, so when they find nothing the first time, but suspect it's all in your safe (either through interviews or a drug dog hit), that additional warrant is probably a phone call away.

Uh, care to explain how "money" makes a safe suddenly unbreakable?

Tell me, these reparations you speak of, is that before or after they dump a half pound of weed, a scale, 3 bongs, 4 spoons, and 2 packs of zig-zags out of your safe, sitting in your house, with your DNA and fingerprints all over it?

Something tells me you be a little more concerned about bigger issues things than to be worried about who's gonna pay to fix your safe lock the cops broke.