Buying a PC grow box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chad750, Apr 14, 2010.

1. So I have researched enough and have a amateur idea of how to grow. I dont have the time to make a grow box, so I have been thinking of buying a PC grow box.

Thing is who is reliable enough to buy from? I looked at High Times and they recomended the PC Grow Box from Homegrown-hydroponics.com but, I checked into it the number is disconnected and then after research seems like they dont even have or send what they advertise, according to some blogs.

So I looked around some more and found Sunlightsheds.com and dealzer.com, only thing is are they legit? or do they sale shit.

I like what they seem to offer because they come ready to go, but who to trust can anyone help me?

I just want to grow enough for me and my girl an thought this would be the most safe and effective way to go.

There is also pcgrowbox.com but how to know?

On a side note can I grow and flower in one box?

Please help

2. a lot of computer grows are just fine, even if they are peaople on ebay, things to look for, some kind of net to prevent plants from hitting light, and one thing to remember, if you use a computer, do not veg the plant at all or it will outgrow the computer, just go strait for the 12/12 27k cfl. ergo if someone is trying to sell with veg bulbs too, and you can find cheaper just flowering, go with the cheaper... make sure has computer fans.

3. Honestly, I would save my $$ and build one. There are plenty of threads dealing with the how-to. It's the only way to get one that you know will be completely legit. And honestly, you will enjoy the grow/smoke that much more.

And like fidelity said, no need to veg in a pc grow. Just start the seed/clone at 12/12.

4. I would build but one I dont have a lot of tools, and two I am to busy, thanks for all the replies.

More or less I was just looking for reassurance from anyone who has bought one.
    What are the average yields for these things?

I was hoping like a couple of ounces every 3 months? Is that asking to much?

5. almost, if you grow well and are lucky you will get 1 ounce every 2 months. it would cost you about 130 dollars to make even if you buy the tools. and about 250-400 to buy...

6. First post! Wassup GC :wave:? As for the op I would definately say that you should just build the box! Wait till the next big garbage night in your town, somebody will almost always be throwin out an old computer hard drive, or just look in a junk yard or something, either way they're super easy to find. Gut the drive. Go to home depot, get like 3 46 watt, 2700k cfls (or an equivalent amount of higher or lower wattage ones), two small hinges and a latch (and screws to go with em), a few cheap cfl light fixtures, two computer fans, and possibly a few other odds and ends. Constructing the box is fairly easy and straight forward and i'm sure there are several guides on this, it should only take the better part of an afternoon and that is WELL worth the like $300+ that you'll save, which i'm sure you have a better use for :smoking:. Make it, you will be happy you did!

7. I think you could build one for waaay less than $130. You really don't need that many tools either. You would need a phillips head screwdriver to take apart the PC, and that's about it. I personally haven't built one, but have looked through many PC tutorials.

You just need to gut it with a screwdriver, mount the fans and lights inside, line the inside with some reflective material, and that's about it.

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/543891-another-stealth-pc-growbox-input-appreciated.html here's a really easy guide and visual for you if you decide to change your mind : )