Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

buying a new piece, what to look for

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CrazyCaptain, Nov 15, 2009.

1. im buying a new piece soon, its time after my last one broke while hiking X(
    what should I look for in
    bowl shape / depth
    carb
    length
    design?

and I keep my stash outside, so I dont have to carry it all when I hike up a mountain near my house (dont worry, its all in a locked box safe from view)

think a glass pipe would break or wear with the cold temperatures?
    (live in the mountains in colorado)

2. bowl shape / depth - Deep is good, shape doesnt matter too much.
    carb - yes
    length - longer is better, because it will cool the smoke slightly more, but if discretion is an issue, go small
    design? - whatever looks best
    think a glass pipe would break or wear with the cold temperatures? - If you buy a pyrex glass piece or one of the thicker unbreakables you should have no problem

3. i think you should look for a circular, pretty deep bowl (that was a screen taking up space will not be a problem)
    probably a shorter one than longer. find something you can hold that feels comfortable to you. BIG CARB is way better. really shotguns it.
    look for something thats appealing to you for design.

just to be safe, id wrap it in like a towel for insulation.

hope i helped.

4. what should I look for in
    bowl shape / depth:this depends, get a bowl size that is equal to how much bud you normally smoke in a sitting
    carb: Not much special to look for, just make sure its a distance that prevents your thumb from being burnt when you spark it
    length: Longer =cooler smoke/more chance of it getting broken Shorter=less chance of being broken, hotter smoke
    design? DO NOT BUY SINGLE BLOWN GLASS, I would buy triple blown at least, just ask the person at the store, theyll know what youre talking about

5. There's like so many posts about this question, might as well just copy and paste all my responses on these....Search button is your friend.

Before you even ask anything, why don't you provide more info?

Bong vs Spoon vs Bubbler?
    Glass vs Acrylic vs Metal?
    Budget range?
    Function vs Fashion?
    Online vs headshop?