Buying a new bong..suggestions needed! :)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DPilon, Jul 8, 2012.

1. #1 DPilon, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    Hey everyone!!! :) So yeah I'm thinking of buying a bong online since my recent purchase wasn't very good... Price range goes up to 150$. Here's a couple of my favorites that I want to buy :) I hope haveing links from other websites doesn't matter if not i'll remove it!! :smoke:

Suggestions between the Basil bush bong and the black leaf ufo perc bong? They both look similar but im leaning towards the basil bush between these two.

Just help me out with quality/pass experience etc and if there's a huge difference..cause if not i will go with the look :)

Basil Bush:
    Glass Percolator Bongs help provide the smoothest smoking experience that a smoker can indulge themselves in, and this Basil Bush glass bong is no exception.

This glass bong features a single glass perc which is a 6-arm glass tree perc as well as a splash guard, in addition to a set of ice notches which complete this 18.8 straight glass bong.

SPECS.
    SHIPPING
    RETURNS
    Glass Thickness: 5mm
    Joint Size: 18.8
    Percolator Type: 1x Tree Perc 1x Dome Perc
    Ice Notches: Yes
    Diffuser: 18.8mm - 14.5 Reducing Diffuser
    Weight: 1Kg
    Size: 45cm

Black leaf UFO:
    The percolated glass bong from Black Leaf stands 400mm tall and is made up of 5mm thick borosilicate glass. The bong is fitted with a UFO-percolator and comes with ice notches and a splash guard. The tubes diameter is 50mm right down to the base. The black leaf logo is placed using glazed ceramic transfer.

The ground joint on the bong is 18.8mm and comes with a reducing (18.8mm-14.5mm) diffuser and 14.5mm glass bowl to match. The glass bowl comes with roll stop nodules and the Black Leaf logo in yellow.

SPECS.

Manufacturer: Black Leaf
    Product Type: UFO Percolator
    Joint Size: 18.8mm
    Reducing Diffuser: 18.8mm - 14.5mm
    Bowl Size: 14.5mm
    Extra Features: UFO Percolator, Ice notches
    Tube Diameter: 50mm
    Diffuser Length: 13.5mm
    Weight: 920g
    Size: 400mm

Spiky:

A unique coloured crown mouthpiece sits atop the tube, while the glass spikes beneath set the outlandish tone of this most individual of glass bongs.

This WS Series glass bong has a carb hole included, though stoppers can be purchased to plug it and the piece comes with a separate slide-bowl anyway, which will be coloured and decorated to accentuate the Messias Spiky Ice's custom qualities.

Weed Star are closing the gap all the time on their more illustrious rivals. This WS Series Spiky has narrowed it closer than it ever has been before. A stunning piece of functional glass art.

Joint Size: 18.8
    Ideal Downtube/Diffuser Length: 13cm
    Custom Features: Coloured Crown Mouthpiece; Glass Spikes Circling Tube; Large WS Series Logo; Carb (Rush) Hole; Coloured Option Bowl
    Weight: 900g
    Size: 40cm

Blaze Glass bong:

This 'Crown' bong by 'Blaze Glass' is constructed with 5mm thick clear glass tubing and made with with bistable sure grinding joints. This Ice bong comes with ice notches and colored "jewel like" effect around the mouth piece. It is heavy, with a steady, round base.

The adapter has a diffuser at the tip and the 'Blaze Glass' logo is in silver applied on the diffuser itself.

Overview

Sandblasted "Blaze Glass" Logo
    Bistable 18.8 > 14.5 Joint
    Diffused downstem
    Rubber carbstopper included, for three part functionality
    Manufacturer: BLAZE Glass Height: 45 cm / 17.7 inch
    Glass Thickness: 5 mm Diameter: 55 mm
    Ice: Yes Joint Size: 18.8 mm > 14.5 mm
    Pearls: Yes

Attached Files:

2. Don't like any of those tubes, Im going to tell you the same thing I've told everyone else, hit up Apix, even on there site there is a double inlet gridded tube in your price range. check it out

3. Apix design stemline is the best choice for your price range.

4. They don't have any bongs for sale on their site? their shop is complicated...

5. he's been really busy with customs and hasnt had time to make ones for his site haha. You need to e-mail to contact him on making you a tube:p

6. How long does it take to receive them after an order? Since its custom made and theres a lot of orders it must take time :p So I just contact him and tell him what I want custom made?

7. contact him and let him know how much you are willing to spend and what you want, then he will respond, and it will go from there. He will also answer any questions you have. so the longer you wait now the longer your going to have to wait for your tube. If i were you I would contact him ASAP and finalize what you want and do a downpayment ASAP. I'd say your going to be waiting 1-2months.

8. #8 redechelon, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    I think Apix is great advice. Even if you have to wait. It would be a MUCH better purchase than Black Leaf or Blaze. If you absolutely can't wait that long... I'd say buy a nice clear straight tube off of aqua lab. (sale is going on right now anyways. either a plain SYN, dome perc SYN, or a perc'd HVY seem like your best options for under $150)

9. Why so? Are the bongs that I posted bad quality? I would rather have a bit of lower quality and a nice bong than a plain straight tube high quality bong... I don't want to wait so long for a bong so I'll forget apix and ******* doesn't have a lot of original bongs between 100-150$. So if anyone can give me info on those bongs woulb be nice :) (the ones on top)

10. Compared to other high-end brands, yes they are bad quality. Most ppl would much rather have a quality piece that truly serves them well over a piece that "looks cool" and disappoints them in the end. You can order what you fancy, I just hope you don't regret your decision if it breaks.

11. I bought some no-name bong in a shop where I live and works perfectly didn't drop it once in over a year so why would it break? I am very careful with my stuff. I am sure those bongs are better quality than the one I have right now (even though its great). Only thing im worrying is about drag for the ones with chambers

12. Hey man if you get a big tube like a 20 inch HVY for like 110 or w/e it is, even tho it has no perc, with a good downstem the hits will be very smooth since it has a lot of time to travel, you would be surprised. high quality any day man. Plus with a straight tube there is no drag which feels amazing, and cleaning it is super easy!

dude its 110!!! like where can you find a better deal haha. You can buy a chinese ash catcher if you want to haha..