Buying a Gibson!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jayman90, Oct 11, 2011.

1. I've decided to invest in a Les Paul Studio Deluxe (60s neck), wanted this guitar for ages, and with a steady income I wanna fulfill the dream. Exciteddddd.
    This is her:
    [​IMG]

Whaddya think? Beautiful ey.
    So any Gibson owners about? How have they treated you and what would you reccommend to new buyers?
    Namaste.

2. Make sure you play the guitar you end up buying. Gibson has had some quality control issues in the past, not as common as some people make them out to be, but make sure of the quality just in case. Other then that, they are great guitars, the components are solid and stock Gibson pickups are the best pickups made by a guitar company themselves.

3. Not as good as my fender squire strat, but...it's ok...I guess.

:rolleyes:

For real though, that is a beaut:hello:

4. i have a les paul myself, they are great, heavy though

5. I'm in the same boat, my friend.

Good luck with your Gibson purchase. Like the other poster said, make sure you play before you buy.

6. Great choice mate, I like the colour choice. I have a 1985 Les Paul Custom, great guitars they just need a little more love than a Strat. Enjoy

7. looks beautiful man! I have an epiphone les paul that got 6-7 years ago and its still playing no problem so i would imagine its big brother would be even better

8. This one is much lighter than the standard LPs, its got that 9 hole relief thingy which gives the lightness of a chambered body but still holds a great sound, so thats a perfect combination for me.
    I love the pickups on this baby as well, burstbucker pro is just sexy and so diverse, and the whole zebra stripe thing looks cool too.
    Thanks for the advice and feedback guys.