Buying a Bong... what would you buy for $400~ish

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by PhishPhan, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Hey peeps.. long time member, infrequent poster..

I have some extra cash and i've looking around at different bongs...

I've searched the net a bit, and I have a few roors in mind.

What route do you guys think is the best..

Can i get a better price online??
    Should i go into a few local shops??

I live in Santa Cruz, so if anyone knows of any shops with really nice quality selections in the bay area lemme know.

thanks guys, the help is appreciated

2. A roor is an awesome show piece because everyone knows the name, and they are also extremely high quality. By no means is this a bad choice, however there are alternatives that allow better diffusion. Check out Aqua Lab Technologies (online); they have the SYN showerhead for about 360. Also, look into the Stone Glass Works "Waffle Tube" on that same site.

As far as physical shops, Yelp is definitely a good resource:

Head shop Santa Cruz

3. Look for the 'Sovereignty SG Stemline' at Aqualab, that is the absolute BEST for 400 in my opinion and my others, amazing quality and so cool look for videos on youtube please you wont regret it

4. take a little drive up to SANTA ROSA and go into PEACEPIPE,,,dude has such a sick collection of tubes,,,you wouldnt be disappointed if you took the drive,,peace LEAR

5. Go with an SG stemline to 8 arm.

6. man idk dude. 400 is too much money for one piece for me. id go get a $200-$300 bong and spend the extra on a vape, bubbler, spoon.

7. #8 OrarkCray, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010

I'm in a similar price range and looking right now and so far my wish lists are
    SGW - Waffle stemless -Stacks the most bubbles that I've seen
    SGW - Double Waffle - Probobly a little bit more than $400, personally I think having 2 waffles is just a novelty
    SGW - Gridded Inline - Seen some for $300, a fucking deal, these things rank higher than anyother in my books. It lays down rather than stands up
    SG Sovereignty - Stemline - Stacks the bubbles really well and has my favourite splash guard but no ice notches.
    Luke Wilson - Quad inline w. 3 mini 10 arm percs - comming back soon these are crazy sick tubes. If you can find one when they come out grab it. It might be more than 400.
    Luke Wilson - Anything crazy ridiculous Luke makes. Some of his tubes look like an mc escher drawing with all the diffusion going on.
    There's many other good tubes like SYN and Toro. Personally i like single or double chamber max. The only tube I listed with a perc is the gridded inline and I only want that because the inline is so sick. I don't like percs, they cost so much money and they make the bong taste like shit if you don't clean it every hit, or maybe i'm just too sensitive. I personally think the 3 piece bongs RooR sells are out dated and they are WAY too expensive for what they do. Same with Illadelph, nice logo, but they arn't bringing new technology to the table.

And if you can, take LEAR's advice. He more than knows his stuff and since he said something if I'm ever near there I'll stop in.

8. I can understand where you're coming from. but as for me i smoke almost exclusively from bongs and i already have a few nice pieces, now time for the center piece.
    plus my gf is willing to go in halves with me as a b-day present so thats incentive too :D

And it seems like you guys have some good things to say about stone glass.. from what i've seem it looks like they've got some great stuff.

thanks for the suggestions! :smoking:

9. Go into some QUALITY shops around you and look for a week or less if you can't find anything head to ALT.

10. #11 OrarkCray, Jun 3, 2010

Listen to Lear if you can, trust me, his advice is probobly worth its weight in gold. If you can't then StoneGlass Works makes the best bongs in your price range. Remember to shop for quality and technology. Avoid tree percs unless they're reinforced, same for inlines.

Also, you could get a normal, ordinaly waffle and save 60 bucks and get a vape wand. That's what I would do. Vape and a sick ass tube, good combo, better than any perc.

11. please get something better than a roor. they really aren't that great. for that amount i'd get a stemline or waffle.

12. Luke Wilson mini beaker 10 arm perc/6 arm downstem. Beast Like diffusion and small enough to be your daily driver.

13. Don't listen to people telling you to "get RooR and Illadelph!!"

Go for some real class and get someone with percs and the like!

This is only a mere sections of the ever growing list of top quality scientific glassblowers/companies.

Soveriegnty
    Toro
    Luke Wilson
    Stone Glass Works
    Manifest Glassworks
    HVY
    Vertigo
    Everest Glassworks
    Zob
    2010bc Glass
    Kush/Itza
    SYN
    US Tubes

14. So whats the real differences between a shower head and a waffle..
    i've noticed the waffles usually run a little more.

has anyone had the pleasure of comparing them??
    do they draw the same? looking at it i'd think the waffle had a slightly looser draw.
    and from the pictures i assume the showerhead is a perc?

15. This post = win. You can't go wrong with anything he just said. I'd look into a Stone Glassworks Gridline first. They kill.

16. yeah luke wilson quad inline 3 percs are around 900, so just about 500 dollars off his price range lol

17. #18 PhishPhan, Jun 3, 2010
    yeah and it seems like a selection of sgw waffles on alt is kinda slim.. the only one i'd really like to have is sold out. i might have to find look elsewhere.

18. the reverse shower head is just a variation on the diffused stemless. It's better than a 3 piece but not as good as the waffle. How ever they do their waffles it creates alot of stacking bubbles, more so than the showerhead, and at its most basic a stemless can be judged by how high the bubbles stack.

19. You're in Cali right? You checked out cgc yet? I'd think you could find something real nice there.