Buying a bong, reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by CLYD3, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I'm new to GC. I'm looking to buy a bong, this will be the first bong I have ever purchased myself, so any reccomendations? Looking for something pretty nice in the price range of 150-200, and preferably, a little artsy...Thank you, happy smoking :D

2. any preferance for straight tube or beaker? percs/no percs? when spending that much i would suggest not buying a tube from GC as you can find better quality for your money else where

3. Straight tube, I'm not sure whether an internal or external perc would be better, and I want it to be straight glass.

4. Straight tube,AlexK showerhead,and a nice ash catcher. You will thank me later.

Perced bongs are harder to clean out rather then a straight tube.

5. i would suggest getting a a brand like SYN for the tube, can pick em up for under $150 and then getting a nice showerhead A/C or something similar. nice A/C can cost almost as much as the tube but i like them because you can get the tube first if you cant affoard both right now, plus u can get a cheap ass mouthpiece and use the A/C as a bubbler. I wouldnt suggest getting a internal perc unless you are willing to spend more money as some are cheap and can create a lot of drag

6. Do you know about how much that'll cost? Cause I ain't got mad cash :/

7. also how tall of a tube are you looking for?

8. I grabbed one of the last delta 9s from my local shop, upgraded to the alex k downstem and threw on a carbon filter. That little beaker hits like a champ. Check out an Illusions tube. you can get a decent size for around 100 bucks and be able to upgrade the downstem in the process. Illusions is just the new name for Delta 9 (had to change for legal reasons, it was too marijuana related). Ash catchers are cool but you have to clean it and anything intricate is a real bitch. I highly recommend a carbon filter. it keeps everything nice and clean.

9. #9 illadelphia1990, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How much are you looking to spend?

10. 18-20 inch

11. 150-200 dolla dollas XD

12. #12 illadelphia1990, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You can get a nice straight for 100 at a LHS and Alex K for 50 and leaves you with 50 for an attachment like carbon filter or ash catcher. Talk to your LHS owner and ask for his opinion on the glass. All headshops are different

13. defiantly get a strait tube. nothing over 20 inches. and i prefer a natural down stem and no percs or anything too fancy

14. Sheldon Black bubbler, beaker or tube. I know it's mass produced but it's still good quality.

15. I'd say go stemless on a straight tube, just can't beat a stemless.

16. I recommend buying q triple perc from go go glass pipes. They have some good ones and they are priced really really well.

17. Imo just go to your headshop and look through their selection of water pipes.