buying a bong, need suggestions

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by xtaylorgang, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Alright, so I'm gonna buy my first bong soon and was looking to spend at most like $200-250. I was thinking about getting this bong:

ZOB - 14" INCH STRAIGHT - BLUE & BLUE - Google Search
    (First Link on google)

and then upgrading it, rather then spend a 200 on a bong alone. Can you guys suggest a good ash catcher, downstem, and slide to buy?

I was thinking of an Alex K. downstem, but need help with a good slide and A/C. Thanks a lot, and suggestions on the bong are appreciated as well.

2. For downstems, you can't go wrong with alex K, but as for an original tube you could probably find a better one than that,

look at the ZOB micro flat disc tube lower on the page, its only 220 and its mad nice, so if you want you can still get an AC for it.

3. Its hard to find particularly good A/C's under 100. You would most likely get better performance if you put the extra 100 or so into the tube itself.
    If you want to go that route you have a tube for 115, downstem at 40-50 if clear, and I would suggest a B.Wilson disk diffused slide for an additional 30. which leaves you at 185, so a max of 65 on an A/C..in that range I would go with something like this:
    http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/smok...chers/weed-star-bubble-18-8-mm-precooler.html
    and get a better downstem for it, like perhaps another alex k

4. I've heard many good things about the B. Wilson Clear Disc Screen slide

5. Alright, so you would suggest just spending the extra cash on a the bong itself? Any suggestions on a bong for that price? Thanks a lot by the way, I really appreciate all the suggestions.