Buying a 1987 Firebird Formula

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by badnamajamas547, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Im going tuesday morning to buy a clean 1987 firebird. I'm currently driving a pretty nice 1983 Mustang GT, it's a 4 speed with less than 70k, it sat for years when the original owner had it, then the guy I got it from fixed it up and I got it from him. First two pictures are my Mustang. The firebird is a 1987 Model, with a 305 engine and 5 speed trans from a 1990 firebird formula, it's got a two tone black and gray immaculate interior except for the headliner is missing. It has headers and cold air intake, but otherwise stock. It was stripped to the bone and professionally painted, new weather stripping all the way around, new shocks, brakes, tires, rotors, everything has been went through. Motor was completely rebuilt when it was taken from the formula. The guy that is selling it is very trust worthy. He has 4 of these firebirds left, he had 12 of them and has been building these cars since 1985. The body has 196k and the engine has 90k. It's a gem foreal, I'm only spending 3000 on it. He wants 4k. What do you blades think?Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. ive always liked the old F bodies! they're cool but they're so damn inefficient... i would black it out. bware the ashtray in the center console though. the ashtray and lighter are mounted vertical. a friend of mine had a 91 and his cig lighter was missing and a penny fell into the lighter hole and shorted out the whole dash and gauge cluster.

3. [quote name="El Duderino" post="19409441" timestamp="1390750163"]ive always liked the old F bodies! they're cool but they're so damn inefficient... i would black it out. bware the ashtray in the center console though. the ashtray and lighter are mounted vertical. a friend of mine had a 91 and his cig lighter was missing and a penny fell into the lighter hole and shorted out the whole dash and gauge cluster.[/quote]Me and my step brother and best friend got third gens when we turned 16, I had a 1986 iroc-z, my brother had a 1990 rs, and my friend had a 1989 rs. I know these cars better than anything. I have a full interior, 3 sets of ac lines, tail lights, and 2 compressors and a bunch of miscellaneous junk for these cars. I'm blacking it out ASAP Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. the firebird looks real clean , sir.

man your foxbody mustang is soooo cool....wish I had one..

5.  I thought the formulas came with a 16" mesh rims...maybe the older one did...
    Nice rides tho.