buying 400w hps bulb.. help!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by law_101, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Okay so i am in need of a new bulb but when i get on a site lets say ebay. It seems like there are many different prices on bulbs.. any where from 7 bucks to 60 bucks a bulb... the specs seem the same but maybe i am missing something... some are big round ones like MH bulbs and some are long and skinny... The bulb is going inside of a air-cooled hood.. any help?

2. You need a 400w hps bulb..... they're arent any different types just brands. HPS is long and skinny and MH is short and fat.

ebay search "400w hps bulb" then sort by price low to high and pick the one you can afford.

3. you should prolly get a 250 watt high pressure sodium light, or 400 watt

4. #4 dkkon, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2009

He needs a 400 watt hps bulb, he stated that in the original post. Not 250 watt. Reading helps. :p

And to the OP: I would get one (or two) of the cheaper bulbs. The specs are the same (or quite similar).

5. try looking for a hortilux bulb...

400W HPS Hortilux LU400S/HTL/EN Grow Lamp The Hortilux Provides 25% more energy in Violet, Blue and Green spectrum than standard High Pressure Sodium. The combination of Super HPS and the Metal Ace conversion lamp provides the optimum spectral energy levels through all stages of plant growth

6. Go to Lowes or Home Depot...400W HPS and MH bulbs are like $20

7. The lowes near me only has smaller hps/mh bulbs, like 75 watt...