Buyer beware!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by hendrix extraud, Oct 31, 2011.

1. #1 hendrix extraud, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    Greetings fellow blades,

I honestly wish I was discussing this issue under happier circumstances but after the day I have had no such thing is going to happen.

A month and a half ago I bought a grow tent of Ebay from "best choice products."
    A 24 x 24 x 48 tent for $65, a steal in my book....but you get what you pay for.

When I got the tent I checked out the workmanship, everything seemed okay. Maybe not something I would buy if I'd seen it in person prior to forking over my hard earned cash. But nonetheless, I decided it would preform it's basic duty.

I installed my duct fan, my filter and lighting system, all of which totaled 15 lb.'s half of the rated weight for the steel frame.
    Everything was going okay, I was relatively happy with the tent at this point...until this morning.

My tent is located in the far corner of my basement on concrete, and thank god.

I got back from pulling an all nighter writing a few papers for class. Deciding I'd check on my half way mature blue mystic girls I filled my water jug and happily tramped down my basements flight of stairs.

What I saw next outraged me.

My tent, had collapsed.
    I thought, and thanked god initially because this could've easily caused a fire.

Upon further inspection what is apparent is that one of the joints snapped, probably around the time the system began running and more specifically, when the fan began vibrating.

The light fell ontop of my plant, killing it but the plant cushioned the bulb...my saving grace? A thermal switch.

So I called the company, the item in question not even being over 3 months old I'd decided the only course of action that could be followed would be a total refund, considering I'd narrowly avoided burning my home down!

After 2 hours on phone I'd been told that not only should a refund not be issued, but that the collapse of the tent was entirely my fault!
    What's more is that when the woman was hanging up the phone I heard her say "fucking pot head."

NEVER AGAIN!
    They could put a Dick sucking robot on Ebay for $20 and I wouldn't even bid on it.

The bast advice I can give;
    Don't buy from these people, and be safety conscious- buy surge protectors and thermal switches.

2. It's a shitty lesson, but it sounds like you learned. From tents to lights and fans, you get what you pay for generally.

3. Not a fan of ebay.....leave negative feedback....your not out much, thank god....lesson learned....nothing left but to move on

Good luck

4. I dont know. I would probably bid on a dick sucking robot. Depends on whether or not its wearing a wig. I am not attracted to bald robots

5. Tents are for shit.

The funniest thing I experienced was a friend was showing off his tent, he leaned against it and fell through. :eek:

Don't get stoned and show off your tent.

6. for the 65 bucks you could have built you something nice out of wood and mylar that would have supported your shit. Lesson learned I guess. And I too would bid on the dick sucking robot, never seen one but sounds fantastic.

7. I have a secret jardin tent that I'm very happy with. It supports everything just fine and is very convenient to put up and take down in case I have an emergency. Not all tents are shit. They can be very useful

8. File a claim via paypal, if you used paypal. Paypal will get your money back, if you win your claim they just take it out of the sellers account and give it to you.

Buyers have priority on ebay.

9. Irie,
    Too funny about not being attracted to bald robots!