Buyer Beware: Otter's Oasis & Detox Depot in Kalamazoo, MI

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by sinsemillaplease, Apr 28, 2010.

1. damn hope they run out of business soon

2. #63 Jdahms, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    I hate shops like that. There's a chain of head shops here in Charlotte called Infinity's End and they have slowly been upping their prices over the last year.Their prices arnt awful. Not even close to as bad as your shop. But it is very expensive compared to other stores in the area. If anyone in Charlotte sees this and shops at either of the Infinity's you should look up Cigars Ect^2. Much better prices there although they have less high quality tubes. They have a lot amazing local blown glass for great prices. Ask for the Goat bubblers.

3. fuck that place!
    if they only been open a few months thats why there prices are so high!
    they are already trying to make profits on shit to make back the money they put into the place! so they prolly figure ":confused:if we mark it up 2x or 3x more than what it retails for than we'll make our money back faster!:rolleyes:"
    WRONG WAY TO GO ABOUT IT OTTER'S OASIS, NOW YOU GOT PPL THAT WILL NEVER EVEN COME TO YOUR STORE CUZ YOU MARK THAT SHIT SO HIGH UP!:mad:

FUCK THAT PLACE!

good job OP:D

4. wow... digital volcanos go for about 650 in stores around here and they were sellin it for 1199?

5. The retail price for a Volcano digi should never exceed $800... the regular msrp is somewhere in the $700s. So yeah... they want $1200... :laughing:

6. As a Kalamazoo resident I couldnt agree with this thread more. Otter's Oasis is a mecah for white trash pieces of shit. When they first came into town, I was fairly optimistic about having a new shop in town. I went into the store and talked to the owner about possibly working there, I then saw a girl from my high school that lived in the trailer park and was married/prego by age 16. This became a huge red flag when I found out she was family friends with the owners. I talked to the owner about inlines and he had no clue what i was talking about (I had to draw it out on a piece of paper). This place came to the Zoo to take advantage of college students with their parents money. They're your typical mids smoking hippies who never made it out of the trailer park. They are fond of china glass and rarely have anything remotely appealing to a seasoned toker. Beware and steer clear of this shit hole. Mo's Glass Onion is right down the street and they know their shit, they have a variety of locally blown glass and also nice 7mm thick tubes.

7. "Otter's Oasis" "Otter's Oasis" "Otter's Oasis" "Otter's Oasis" = OVERPRICED EVERYTHING

8. Glad to see a fellow Kzoo native. I'm in Ann Arbor now... but I visit often.

Otter's Oasis could use some more negative reviews on Google maps. I don't care if you've ever even been there. You know what their prices are and that's enough in my opinion. They're playing dirty so we should too. You should also click yes on "Was this review helpful?" on my review as well as any other honest negative reviews that pop up... and no for any reviews that downplay the price gouging.

The People need to know the truth.

9. oh my god, a 1200 dollar volcano? Are college kids all dumbass rich now?

10. Damn digis are like $600 tops here... F that place!

Theres a shop kinda like that here in broad ripple, but they have signs everywhere saying "10% off" "15% off" "50% off" So... really they mark em EXTRA high, then give discounts and sell em for higher still than what they would normally sell for.

I stay away from that place unless I need an AC or somthing cuz theyve got em cheap for some reason

11. fuck that shit a place just like that here

12. just submitted a new google review for those fuckheads

13. Ridiculous, I thought the shops on clark had high prices...

14. Google maps reviews are looking good... hopefully people think to google this place before visiting. Now I've gotta get more members in my FB group. That's even harder since the local kids know even less about how the industry works than the average new GC user.

I'm going hard in the paint against this place. The owner pissed me off with his indifferent attitude about his predatory tactics.

15. yeah what a load of shit. i always give overpriced headshops a ton of shit around here.

16. Bump.... this is a warning. Take heed!

17. 1200$ for a vape? I wonder if even a single person would buy that.

18. Nice one Sinse.

$1200 for a volcano? :eek:

19. HAHA, thats the only headshop thats around me.

i go there just for supplies. and my gf gets the candles they have there.