Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Butter without decarbing weed first?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by RenaissanceBrah, Apr 26, 2022.

1. What happens if you make butter without decarbing the weed first?

(I want to make butter than I would just eat raw, without putting it into brownies or anything).

Confused cause some people say I have to decarb it first by putting it in oven for 30 minutes at 250F, then simmer it for 2-4 hrs on low heat in butter.

Some people say decarbing is not necessary.

2. Decarbing is absolutely necessary. Don't skip it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You don't have to decarb if the non-psychoactive anti-inflammatory THCA is what you're after. Still have to infuse though, which may decarb to a minor extent depending on the process used.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    5 grams of Powdered Buds
    1 Tablespoon Butter (Coconut Oil hits in half the time).
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (strength enhancer)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (optional)
    Done

Buds = 150mg of THC per gram
    750mg in the finished Tablespoon of paste.
    Start with a rice grain sized amount.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    You absolutely must decarb before mixing cannabis and oil if you hope to get stoned from it.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. If you want to get high then decarb it. If you just want the medical benefits of THCa, then don't decarb it. Its not very efficient to decarb in oil or butter either. It's best to decarb weed dry by itself then add it to whatever.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks Brass!

Just curious, what do the last 2 optional steps do? (freeze and then heat at 220F for 20 minutes).

Trying to keep it as simple as possible, so my plan would be to take 3.5g jar of store bought cannabis, decarb it at 240F for 40 minutes, uncovered, then melt butter and stir in the decarbed weed, simmering it for 4 hrs. Then strain out plant matter to have finished butter. Would that yield a good result?

7. The freeze is just for mouth feel. Softens the plant material and removes the grittiness it can have. Does nothing for the stone.
    You can cook it 4 hours but it sure doesn't need a 1/4 that long. I've been making this stuff for 10 years and 20 minutes is plenty. Longer cooks just make it a better sleep aid. I don't know about you but I like to be awake and enjoy my stone. I don't want it to hammer me to sleep.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm the same, definitely want a more energetic / up stone, not a sleepy/narcotic one at all.

In that case, I'll do this:

Take 3.5g jar of store bought cannabis, decarb it at 240F for 40 minutes, uncovered, then melt butter and stir in the decarbed weed, simmering it for 20 minutes. Then strain out plant matter to have finished butter.

If still not correct please lemme know :)

Btw - I need to grind up that 3.5g of weed before I decarb it for 40 minutes right? Or just put the whole nugs on the baking sheet?

9. That will certainly work.
    Break into pea sized nugs before the decarb.

This is intended as a whole herb, no strain recipe and the steps are different if you really must strain. Since you need so little per dose it really doesn't make sense to strain let alone the mess involved.
    ! table spoon of Butter or Cooking oil to 3 grams of Buds will make more of a paste then something you can strain.

Lets see what you plan to do with or how you intend to ingest the finished oil? My recipe uses a minimum of oil possible since I take this every day. I needed to make the dosage as small as possible or start packing on weight I don't need.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks BNW - my plan is to just use if for microdosing during the day / for creative activities / etc.

The best high's I ever got was from 1 sour diesel brownie, and I would just eat 1/4 of the brownie at a time, heat it up a bit on a skillet for a minute or two, and just eat it.

Clear, fun, uplifting high - I would eat a bit and then go about my day, get work done on the computer, etc. No side effects or negative effects at all, I was surprised at how different that sour diesel was in brownies - smoked some the same batch and didn't the high was nothing really special.

Just wanted to recreate that effect, as when I smoke I can't really do anything productive, and was fun having a clear headed functional high like that.

-------

To do so, was thinking of just mixing it with a stick of kerrygolds salted butter.

So you're saying not to strain it at all? Just eat the herb that's inside the butter, along with the butter, from what I understand.

In that case, would it be better to grind up the herb in a grinder, before decarb and skillet?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Decarb Pea sized nugs, 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    Grind to powder / dust
    Mix with just enough butter to make paste.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

Each gram of Cannabis is 150 grams of THC or call it Six 25 mg THC servings.
    Start with a rice grain sized blob and wait 2 hours to see where you land. Add more as needed to reach the high you like.
    You don't need all that much oil / butter. 1 gram of Bud dust only needs about 1/2 a teaspoon of butter / Coconut oil to wet.

Tuck the bit of Canna paste into a smear of Peanut butter if you find the taste objectionable.

BNW