Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Butter and bud?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by sentimental.haze, Mar 3, 2014.

1. So I was wondering, if I get a small cup of butter and heat it up so it's melted. Then put some bud in it while it's still hot and mix it up. And then put that on toast, will that work?

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 dankness420, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    I would do that but before putting it on toast, put the bud and butter in fridge for 24hours(It will help absorb the thc)  Then reheat you butter, strain out the bud, put in fridge again and its good to go.   Your method could work, and would probably get you high, but I feel like you would be wasting some of the bud in the end.

There are lots of good guides on here, but trail and error never hurts, just try and keep track of what your doing/write it down for future reference, it can help a lot.

3. #3 topnoevil420, Mar 3, 2014

You could just make cannabutter and put it on toast. I'm not sure how much bud you have but here the measurement I use.

1/8 = half stick of butter

1/4 = one stick butter

1/2 = two sticks of butter

1 ounce = 4 sticks of butter

I usually boil some water 3 cups is usually a good amount. Once the water is boiling, I add the butter and wait for it to melt. Once the butter is melted, set the temperature to LOW. Then add your finely ground weed. Let this simmer for 3 hours, stirring every 15-20min. When done, filter the solution into a Tupperware container using cheesecloth or a very fine wire mesh strainer to remove the cooked weed. Cover the Tupperware container and place in the freezer for 45min or until the butter hardens on top the excess water will end up at the bottom of the container. Squeeze the sides of the Tupperware container to make a hole to pour out the water. You may want to have a plate in the sink to catch any butter that might fall out. You can then refrigerate the butter and put it on toast or even make brownies or cookies with it. Here's a picture of the butter I made yesterday.

[​IMG]

4. Alright cool I'll keep this method in mind. One question though, how is the smell with making it, or using it to make brownies?

When I made the butter, there was a mild weed smell, it wasn't to bad. I simmered the weed covered and I had the stove fan on so that probably helped some. When I baked the brownies themselves, I could only smell brownies, but keep in mind I may have been baked from intentionally inhaling the vapors while simmering the weed. =)

6. Haha alright, I'll have to try this out some time.

7. #7 topnoevil420, Mar 3, 2014

Sounds like a plan! I actually just ate one of my fresh brownies 45 min ago, and damn is it hitting hard now. Just be sure to be use an appropriate size sauce pan when you simmer the weed. You want the weed to be floating 1-1.5 inches from the bottom of the pan the entire 3 hours its simmering.