ButerdToast's Magical Medical Room

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by iambuterdtoast, Jan 24, 2012.

1. #1 iambuterdtoast, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
    It is time for another journal! I felt like things had changed up so much since the beginning of my last one, it was time to start fresh. Some of you have followed me in the past, and hopefully a lot of new people! Coming around March 2012 will be my 1 year mark for having a running journal on the forums. During that first year, it was a lot of trial and error, a huge learning experience. I feel I learned all that I know from these forums alone. Everyone in here is a special person, and the admins deserve much respect as well.

Now then, What are all the changes?
    ROOMS
    Flowering Room: Running 2x600w and 1x250w. I have a 475CFM Can-Fan running 24/7 attached to a 24" tall carbon filter exhausting the 2 600w hoods. I have about 4'x 8' of growing space, with means to possibly expand. I run a 12" oscillating fan 12 hours of the day when the lights are on. I never have more than 15 plants in flowering.

Veg Room: 12 CFL's mixed 2700k and 6500k. I have about 2'x 6' of growing space. I can fit about 10 3 gallon girls in veg, or 4 3 gallons, and about 8 2 gallons. Keeping this grow perpetual is a constant battle! I run a 175CFM inline fan with no carbon filter.

Temps in both rooms reach a max of 78F during lights on and never drops below 58F at night. I Struggle at night to keep temps above 60F, but as the months go on, I suspect this won't be a problem.
    Medium & Nutrients
    Medium: I have been using Happy Frog soil mixed with a little bit of perlite for the past 8 months, and have had great results. At $18 for 2cb/ft of premium soil, can't beat it!

Nutrients: I have recently switched from Fox Farms, to Botanicare. I still only use Grow Big during veg. But for flowering, I feed with Pure Blend Pro Bloom, CalMag+, Sweet, and Hydroplex Bloom. I flush with Clearex for 1-2 weeks at the end of flowering.

Current Strains:
    MK Ultra
    Cinderella99
    Super Skunk
    Amnesia

Current Seed Stock
    Cinderella99
    C99 x MK Ultra
    C99 x Super Skunk

Here is my modified feeding schedule:
    [​IMG]

Goal: To produce enough medicine for myself and family members that are also MMJ Patients. I want to keep this grow as perpetual as possible. To do this, I constantly take clones, pop seeds, and expand where possible.

I will also do my best to keep this journal updated on a weekly basis. I will be adding the amount of nutrients I use at what week of flowering. I will try to keep a more up to date journal of all the plants going. I think this will keep my head on straight, and keep my brain working.

Without anymore talking, let's get this show on the road!!! :hello:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. wow looks great will be following for sure! any reason you're switching from fox farm to

botanicare? i haven't used either products but am looking for something for this year.

3. Thanks for the invite toast...Getting a front row seat...:wave:

4. Welcome guys, thanks for coming in so soon!
    I have used fox farms extensively for the past year, and I have no problems with it. The tiger bloom by itself goes a long way, but I don't like the soluble trio.

I was able to contact Botanicare, and ask them about the switch. He said it would be fine to switch nutrient lines in the middle of flowering. He also added that the Botanicare line is a lot more organic than the Fox Farm line. Although not 100%, it is still better for the plants.

5. As I sit here sending out these messages, listening to...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WJxeX9YKQA]YC feat. Wiz Khalifa - Racks (Remix) - YouTube[/ame]
    Finally cutting open these MK Ultra buds that contain my MK-99 beans. I am hoping these girls will become my new special strain...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Howdy toast. It just occurred to me that similar to you being "toast", I am F-R-I-E-D :yay: fryyyyyyed! :wave:

7. Checking in:wave:

:smoke:

8. subbed in butteredtoast :D

let the magic begin :D

9. Here we go! I am going to be heading up to reorganize the plants a little, according to strain. Here is a current plant list. There are multiples of some plants, and I am currently a little off track on which is which for some of the older ones. I got a little lazy, and lost track. Just goes to show how on point you need to be with all this shit going on.

Veg:
    Super Skunk Clones - (16)
    C99 Clones - (16)
    Super Skunk - (44)

flower:
    Random Plant (38/6)
    Amnesia#2 (32/14)
    Super Skunk#3 (32/14)
    Super Skunk#2 (32/29)
    C99 Hybrid#2 (25/41)
    MK Ultra#3 (24/39)
    MK Ultra#2 (47/45)
    Amnesia (44/57) Been on water only for over 1 week
    Super Skunk#4 and 5 (44/57) Been on water only for over 1 week

To keep track of which plants have been fed, and which ones need to be fed, I use velcro notes. I have cut small strips of photo paper, one says "Fed last" where the other says "Watered Last". Depending on which has been used, I can easily determine what the plant requires that watering.

Pictures coming soon, going up to take care of everyone, and reorganize a little bit.

10. Hello broski. Lookin forward ta tha growins!

Also I chopped today1 25.8 oz wet
    [​IMG]

11. You got me excited about your journal. :smoking:

Good luck and I can't wait to see how this unfolds :D

12. Subbed!! Can't wait to get blasted with pictures;)

13. Shit. Apparently spamming out PM invitations really works! :eek:

:D :wave:

14. Thanks guys, going to be some action before the summer starts!

For damn sure. Really impressed with the turn out already...

MX, you and others have left such a legacy here. Helpful information every step of the way, and the willingness to help anyone that crosses your path. I hope to spread this knowledge, and keep this forum alive!!!
    :gc_rocks:

15. i like the velcro note idea, might start something like that

16. In.

Don't you wanna get Liquid Karma in that flower nute line up?

17. #20 iambuterdtoast, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012

I may pick some up along the way, but I will not be using it during the last 4-6 weeks of flowering anyways. The goal is to gradually elevate the P and K levels as the weeks go on, as well as magnesium. Maxing out around 1300-1500PPM's before the flush, I am hoping this works a little better for me.

I am currently looking into upgrading my veg room. I am thinking of buying a used 250w all-in-one HPS for $100, and use a MH conversion bulb for 2'x3' of my veg room. The other half can still use the CFL's, but i need the extra lumens.

Wanted to get at least some pictures on here! This is the Super Skunk harvested last night after 55 daze 12/12.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1