Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Butane: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hippie flip, Aug 4, 2011.

1. I use a butane lighter. When butane combines with oxygen which is what it does when it burns the only by products of it are carbon dioxide and water vapor so I don't see what is wrong with it.

2. Hemp wick and if the sun is out I will always prefer a solar hit.

3. I use hemp wick when I have it. Other than that I just use a Bic. I don't really care that much.

4. #24 S0UR, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    It tastes like SHIT

5. i asked this guy at my local head shop about the bees line that you light and smoke off of and he just trashed it for like 5 minutes and talked about how amazing bics are because its not unhealthy cause they filter it or something and how their lighters are the best and to never use cheap lighters cause bics don't give off the toxins... sounded like a lot of b/s but all i wanted to do was buy some bees line but they didnt have any... fucking stoner.. so ive just keep using bics

6. Does butane still get inhaled if you use a bong or does the water not filter it out?

7. #27 ChillBroBaggins, Aug 4, 2011
    Yes you def can use a wand and yeah I'm sure you can but I found a cheap really nice one at home depot

8. I use a butane lighter, but I'd rather be using the hemp wick. It seems so much healthier and easier. Just gotta buy some XD

9. Dude, never use a zippo to light your ganja you will deff taste and smell that nasty zippo fluid. Those things are only good for like to light a joint or a blunt. But yeah Glass wand/Herb Iron > hemp wick > butane > natural gas > torchlighter > zippo

10. I love the Djeeps because unlike bics they actually fit in my hand :D

Personally I don't really care.. If it lights the bowl/jay I'll use it

11. i dont mind using a lighter but i think bee line is much better

12. Ive been thinking about getting hemp wick lately, my only thing is i take about 5-7 onehitters over about 30-45 minute period. Just seems like it would be a pain in the dick to light it everyhit. Plus with my bic, i line up the top of the lighter with the rim of my bowl and use the suction to pull the flMe towards it. Once it gets a little red your good, just pack it. I feel like that method saves my lungs from the butane a little bit.

13. I use butane...But I'm not trying to live forever.:cool:

14. Just bought my 200 foot spool of beeline off beelinestore.com. Everyone who is gettting more concerned about inhaling butane check out that website it's legit!

Edit: thebeelinestore.com

15. #35 DToker420, Aug 4, 2011
    Ok thanks I jus kinda want a zippo. But yeah if I used it to light a hemp wick, or could it work with a wand
    Edit: I'm also gonna try the magnifying glass. But how long does that generally take to light the bud?

16. I use a zippo with a butane insert.... i love it, and dont wanna go back to regular lighters. The butane is less harsh then the regular bic lighters and you dont have to worry about the wind AT ALL.

17. i like using the hemp wick but it just gets inconvenient. i want an herb iron but i see the same problem happening. when i smoke im either with friends or just ready to smoke, not wait for something to heat up. how long does it take for things like the herb iron to heat up? the wick is hard to share with friends cuz some dont know how to use it and then the carbon from it gets everywhere. wish there was something as healthy as it and as quick to use as an actual lighter

18. Once plugged in an herb iron takes like a minute to get hot but once it has heated all the way up once it only takes like 8 seconds to get red hot again.

19. hemp wick ftw.

20. Lighters on the run, wick as much as I can. You can tell a big difference.