Butane Torch Refilling

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by blazeddd, Feb 6, 2015.

1. #1 blazeddd, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    I got a Scorch Torch (ST-61287) a week or two back and I've been having a hard time refilling the thing properly.

The torch itself is great, the flame is actually pretty damn huge compared to my old vector torch, but every time I want to fill it up, I have to hold the can underneath the torch and push up... this is not the right way to do it and it pisses me off but it's the only way that works.

I have tried doing it the proper way, holding the torch and butane upside down, then pushing it down - but the butane just spills out everywhere... I tried holding it sideways.. same thing. But then I hold it up and I guess it works? 

The problem is that I have to keep refilling it every 2-4 dabs or so and I don't think it's being filled up properly. I notice that there is a screw at the bottom, where the butane goes, but I don't want to unscrew it out.. not sure what to do at this point.

Could it just be the torch? 
    has anyone tried the bed bath and beyond Bonjour torch for $30?

2. I notice something similar when i try to fill up my torch ( I have the one from Lowes, I think its a Bernzomatic or something) and I think it had to do with my can of butane being too cold (My room is an attic, so gets really cold on some cold nights in Jersey) and after I warm the can up it seems to work a little better. Not sure if that is what is causing it but only good solution for me right now.

3. I have a cheap Newport torch and I have had the same problem for a while now. I find that if you twist and apply a decent amount of pressure to the butane canister you are able to fill it properly (upside down).

It's not so much the type of butane that's the issue it's the male nozzle on the bottom of your torch.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum